Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
:eek: so lets ride the wave of glory till the bubble bursts or doesnt as the case may be . whats the worst that could happen ? ------- who said leeds ?:D

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
i am not an accountant . i got cse grade 4 in maths on graduating from my approved school . i support man utd and have for many many years . i remember the seventies and eighties . during that period we were on a par with portsmouth now except with bigger crowds .

the best we could look forward to was a good cup run . runner up in league once every 15 years if luck went our way . the butchers were inn charge and the edwards ran the club like one of louis shops .

fans never gave a thought to who owed who what they just wished we could have a bit of what the scousers up the east lancs had . titles trophies good football all seemed so far away . you could turn up early and get a pie and pint then pay at the gate .

fast forward to the late nineties and sky are buying us for 623 million just ten years after mike knighton was going to buy us for 15 million . the thing about the debt is if the glazers put the club up for sale tommorow they would probably get over a billion for it . if it reverted to a plc they would have no trouble finding shareholders despite football clubs rarely turning operating profits over the years .

hags sees it like this great players on the pitch , trophy room filling up nicely so enjoy it for as long as it lasts . prices of everything will rise but as long as we are not in top 5 to get into yet top table can we really complain ?

when plc in charge i remember the moaning that we missed on players down to salary cap and keeping shareholders sweet .

football fandom is a captive market in as much as you do not buy a liverpool top one week then a utd the next so as long as the product is good the banks will not be panicing about their dough .

it is in the interest of whoever owns club to maintain the standards so mr chan in china along with his billion friends buys a utd shirt rather than a chelsea one .

the chances of manchester united folding are nil - the real question is how much will the fans be squeezed for over the next few years ? automatic cup schemes have been slagged yet i remember fans moaning that they had to go in a one in 6 chance ballot for a cup ticket when they watched all other games and that that was unfair . the corporate buyers should be encouraged as they pay a huge premium for the day out hopefully minimising the rises for joe public .

is the issue here really not that player wages need regulating accross world football ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts