Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
198 Posts
well, when the glazers took over tampa bay, they increased the club value by more than doulbe while reducing debt levels to about 10-15% of club value. If they can do the same with MUFc, get our value to £2billion, then i'd certianly not mind seeing debt levels of 10-15%. 2016 the debt may get paid off and we'll be left with large profit margins..

We all contribute to the club via sky anyway. Well, i go down the pub and buy a couple of pints actually, but ne'er the lessthe auld boys have a different argument, one of ethics and morality. If we look at something more tangible like finance - then i thinks things aren't that bad. It's still early days yet anyway, i'm sure we'll be making net profits before too long. And to be fair, i'd not mind paying the glazers pockets (is there any evidence that they have withdrawn money for their other personal affairs?) so long as we do a good summer of recruiting and squad strengthning. It's silverstuff that counts at the end of the day doesn't it?
:)

·
Banned
198 Posts
Installments have to be paid for, yes. I think that was the sweetener, a slighlty higher fee but spread out payments over 3/4 years. Also i do believe the Hargreaves money was already there from last summers transfer budget, accounted foor. and sew, we'll just add more debt to the club and get some weeley good twansfew targets while we will also sell some of our young but not able to make the breakthrough at united boys. should raise 10m from them voer this summer and reduce the wage bill significantly.

im going back to sleep. nght x

·
Banned
198 Posts
Well, the debt will reduce before too long I hope. Our only hope is that the Glazers do know what they're doing. With tampa bay, their big red monster is still there but is as a percentage of the club value, 15% i think the figure is. in the time they've owned the bucaneers the club has more than doubled in value. So assuming we'll hit the big £2Bn mark, with the debt at £500m gbp i think that's manageable and quite healthy. 4:1 gearing ratio is heal;thy in accounting terms. ANy more and we'd be stretching it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts