Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who do you reckon will still be playing for united in 5 years time?

will the front line still be led by tevez or rooney? i would be very surprised if they wern't still playing for united, especially rooney.

then the middle. it could be nani and ronaldo down the flanks and anderson controlling the middle possibly with carrick or hargo.

then the back 4 rio and vidic could still be the formidable force they are at the moment. possibly evra on the left and no idea who on the right.

and then foster in goals.

what do you guys think?

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Ronaldo will be in Spain within the next 5 years.

Nani and Anderson will emerge as top players.

Vidic will still be here making a new partnership with a new centre-back, hopefully Evans. With Rio only being 34 he could still have a few years left :D

Giggs will still be tearing down the left wing. Jokes :D

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Impossible to say; much of it depends on other teams and their own way forward. Will Looserpool finally make it as a top Prem side? Will Chelski now collapse and lose most of players? Will Tesco still be open to enable Chelski to but players? Who would have said, in 1999, after that amazing treble, that it would take us another 9 years to reach another final let alone win the damn thing?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
This is interesting, but why the need to look so far ahead? I'm only looking forward to next season :p

But, I would be more concerned with who's manging us. Depending on who takes over as manager, we could end up being like Looserpool :eek: But hopefully we'll have only had 1 successful manager, and not end up being like Real Madrid who sack our manager every season :p

But one thing I do feel strongly about. Looserpool will still be waiting to win the Prem. ;)

Red Devil said:
Impossible to say; much of it depends on other teams and their own way forward. Will Looserpool finally make it as a top Prem side? Will Chelski now collapse and lose most of players? Will Tesco still be open to enable Chelski to but players? Who would have said, in 1999, after that amazing treble, that it would take us another 9 years to reach another final let alone win the damn thing?
Agreed RD.

·
Banned
298 Posts
Stephen said:
Ronaldo will be in Spain within the next 5 years.

Nani and Anderson will emerge as top players.

Vidic will still be here making a new partnership with a new centre-back, hopefully Evans. With Rio only being 34 he could still have a few years left :D

Giggs will still be tearing down the left wing. Jokes :D
oh no ronaldo in spain

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Ronnie boy will most likely be in Spain by then. Nani & Anderson will still be with us. Tevez perhaps will probably have moved on. Fabio & Rafael will have made the Full back postion their own. Rodrigo Possebon will be playing in CM and as for the rest, well we do not know. That really depends on who we buy, especially in the striker role.

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
dont know how you can say

"Nani & Anderson"

Nani has the potential to become a world class player, but his attitude stinks. Once he has improved as much as i think he will, alot of clubs will come in for him.

Same with Anderson but Anderson has a good attitude and personaltiy so he's more likely to stay with us.

"Fabio & Rafael will have made the Full back postion their own"

Bet you've never seen them play. bar youtube :/

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
christianoharleiro said:

"Nani & Anderson"

Nani has the potential to become a world class player, but his attitude stinks. Once he has improved as much as i think he will, alot of clubs will come in for him.

Same with Anderson but Anderson has a good attitude and personaltiy so he's more likely to stay with us.

why not nani? he had a better season then Ronaldo had 5 years ago. who knows in 5 years time nani might have a season where he scores 40+ goals.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
----------------Foster
----Rafael--Vidic--Ferdinand--Fabio
.......--Possebon--Anderson--Nani
----------Rooney--Manucho

Ronaldo will be in Spain in 5 years time,
but I'm not sure who'll replace him.
Tevez said he'd like to play for Boca again,
and he said in about 5 years time, so...
The rest is evolutionary. Fabio and Rafael
in for Brown and Evra eventually. Nani,
Possebon, and Anderson in for Scholes,
Giggs, and Hargreaves/Carrick. Foster in
for van der Sar.

Z

·
0 Posts
Grif SA said:
----------------Foster
----Rafael--Vidic--Ferdinand--Fabio
.......--Possebon--Anderson--Nani
----------Rooney--Manucho
I don't think we'll win much with only ten players :D

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Like I said before, Ronaldo will be gone,
and I'm not sure who's going to replace
him. So I left it blank, because I don't
want to speculate about anything. I
mean, if he's going to Real Madrid, will
they give us Robinho or Sneijder and
money? Will we get Valencia from Wigan?
Or will we get Ramsey from Cardiff?
Who knows?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Drew9 said:
cantona will have returned as the next manager
yeah and pigs will fly!!!

as great a player as he was and the single biggest reason on the playing pitch we we have had so much success the last 15 years he is not interested in managing and besides if he did express an interest he has no experience.

dont think keane will be either as have not been too imprressed with his demeanour or his record so far as manager but its still early doors;)

I hazard a guess it will be Steve Bruce or jose mourinho managing us come 2013

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Fergaiste said:
dont think keane will be either as have not been too imprressed with his demeanour or his record so far as manager but its still early doors;)
:confused:
Care to expand on that Ferg?
I think he has done great in his first 2 years as gaffer.
promotion and then avoiding relegation.
Not too shabby if you ask me.
He has been a breath of fresh air and a great character.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
christianoharleiro said:

Whats that supposed to mean? :confused:
I saw them play at the U-17 World Cup last year..... ;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts