Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United are understood to have made an offer for Norwegian star Moa Abdellaoue - branded the 'new' Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

The 23-year-old, Norwegian born but with Moroccan parentage, is a full international having made his debut for Norway earlier this year against the Republic of Ireland.

He is now back in the squad for their match with Ukraine after he helped Valerenga win the Norwegian Cup final.

A host of English clubs were present at the final when Abdellaoue fired a brilliant brace and that has now seen the interest in the striker intensify.

Now United have seemingly leapt to the front of the queue to land the player after inviting him to train with them, something which is possible given the domestic season in Norway has finished.

It is reported in Norway that Jim Solbakken, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's agent, has helped to broker the move.
No comment

Valerenga would not confirm that Abdellaoue would be heading to Old Trafford until the finer details had been settled.

"We can't comment on anything before we have anything formalised," Valerenga director Pal Breen told Verdens Gang.

The player's personal advisor Erik Moe also refused to comment on the United offer.

"This is up to Valerenga to comment," he said.

"Moa has only one focus now, and that is the international against Ukraine on Wednesday. It is important."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11973_4511350,00.html

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
we have so many young forwards at the club now, do we really need more.
at 23 i doubt this would be the wisest move for the player, his first team chances would be fairly limited.
im quiet happy with wellbeck , manucho and campbell coming through.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Almost every thread is for a new forward.
IMO the weakest post is the GK. We could have a lot of problem if VDS is injured because the other two GKs don't have any experience. For EPL they could do the job but I don't think they will resist the big pressure at the CL knockout stage.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Everyone naming man utd's strikers :) I'll join in, Manucho, Rooney, Tevez, Berbatov, Wellbeck, Campbell, then Ronaldo and Giggs and play upfront, Scholes can play behind, so can Anderson. We don't need him.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Its just his agent trying to get him an improved contract. The only strikers we are going to possibly sign are Tevez, if not then it will be benzema

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
Its just his agent trying to get him an improved contract. The only strikers we are going to possibly sign are Tevez, if not then it will be benzema

yup your right there ive stopped listeing to rumours beacuse only about a 1% of them ever happen if even that musch! hes jus anglaing for a bettr contraact a move to a club but to us, i doubt it

·
23,699 Posts
bleacher report

Bad News for Manchester United Fans: "The Next Solskjaer" Is a Dipper

Earlier in the week I reported about a Norwegian striker, Mohammed “Moa†Abdellaoue, who had been linked with a move to Manchester United. Bad news, it turns out he's a Liverpool fan.

Bad news, it turns out he's a Liverpool fan.

“Liverpool are my club,†he said.

“I am a Liverpool supporter, although not a member of the supporters' club. Of course it is great to be compared to Solskjaer but I am only Moa. I am the person I am. I play football and enjoy myself. I have not heard anything directly from United and got the news through the Norwegian media. I have not received any information from my adviser and do not know anything about the trial. But I cannot go around thinking about that sort of thing.â

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Sky Sports are reporting that Valarenga have rejected United's request to allow them to have Abdellaoue on a week's trial. Apparently Valarenga discussed it with the player and both parties decided it would be in their best interests to refuse the offer.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
United fail with Moa offer

Valerenga have rejected Manchester United's offer for star striker Moa Abdellaoue.

Skysports.com brought you news of United's bid to take Abdellaoue on trial earlier this month.

However, after discussing the situation with the player, Valerenga have opted to shun United's offer.

23-year-old Abdellaoue, described as the new Ole Gunnar Solskjaer by Norwegian national coach Age Hareide, has impressed for Valerenga this term and a number of clubs from around Europe are now trailing him.

His brace for Valerenga in their Norwegian Cup final triumph was enough to convince United to make a move.

Sir Alex Ferguson's staff had hoped to run the rule over Abdellaoue at close quarters with the Norwegian season now over - but he will not be making the trip to Carrington.
No trial

"Together with Moa and Moa's agent, we have decided to decline Manchester United's wish for Moa to join on a week-long try out," confirmed Valerenga director Pal Breen.

"Moa has proven himself has one of the team's best player this season and he is on his way to establishing himself in the national side.

"There is also interest from other clubs."

The player himself was happy to accept Valerenga's decision.

"I love it at Valerenga and I am looking forward to evolving as a player further," he said.

"Bids from other clubs will be decided upon by me and the club when they do come."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4547094,00.html

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
I repeated what the offical site said, not where he plays. I agree though, if he was going to do anything, he would have done it by now.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
you are my abdelloue my abdelloue you make me happy when skys are grey
us buy benzema -you crazy dreamer please dont take abdelloue away

na na na na na ---- come on boys and girls altogether now

1 - 20 of 20 Posts