Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lincoln City striker Geoff Horsfield has emerged as a transfer target for European and Premier League champions Manchester United.
this is a wum, now how many can i catch out
The 35-year old veteran has experienced successful seasons with Birmingham City and West Bromwich Albion and is just what Sir Alex Ferguson needs to coach his mis-firing £90million strikeforce of Dimitar Berbatov, Carlos Tevez and Wayne Rooney.

Geoff Horsfield has been a favourite of Ferguson's ever since his days breaking through at Scarborough, and it was rumoured that when Fulham won the Second division in 1999, the United boss was preparing to make a move for Horsfield, yet it only got u-turned after Teddy Sheringham decided to stay at the then treble winners.

Everton have been linked with a move for the forward in recent weeks, and reports in January suggested that Horsfield was at Manchester Aiport, about to meet with one of the clubs in the North West - most thought it was Macclesfield, but it now sensationally turns out to be World Champions Manchester United.

Now MUTV have increased speculation over the players' future at Sincil Bank by suggesting that Alex Ferguson is poised to make a bid for the experienced man.

However, when asked about any proposed interest from the Red Devils, Horsfield said he was happy playing his trade in the lower divisions of England, and that his time at the top is now over.

"I'm happy at Lincoln. I love being here and want to have a quiet retirement from the game.

"I know nothing about Man U's interest in me, however I feel honoured to be the man Alex Ferguson looks towards to help out his superstars."

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
linky?
at least we can calm the talk of benzema since we know which striker fergie wants to lead us past the scouse's league record, and add to our european cup tally!

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
linky?
at least we can calm the talk of benzema since we know which striker fergie wants to lead us past the scouse's league record, and add to our european cup tally!
It was in a Linconshire paper mate, just copied it up here.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
i thought it was about Geoff Horsfield who's nearly forty till i read his age and breathed a sigh of relif when i read he was 15 then i looked again and had read it right he is nearly 40 :rofl: i have a better chance of signing for united ffs :p

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i thought it was about Geoff Horsfield who's nearly forty till i read his age and breathed a sigh of relif when i read he was 15 then i looked again and had read it right he is nearly 40 :rofl: i have a better chance of signing for united ffs :p
They're discussing to sign him up as a coach, presumingly at the end of the season.

Everyone knows Fergie won't sign him as a player :rolleyes:

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
They're discussing to sign him up as a coach, presumingly at the end of the season.

Everyone knows Fergie won't sign him as a player :rolleyes:
right i knew that was just testing you :whistling: i thought it would have been like the Henrik Larson transfer maybe sign him on loan for experience and teach the lads a thing or two

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
wasnt geoff recetnly fighting cancer???? good luck geoff.

alwasy thought at championship and at smaller premier league level this guy was a class act. never a top player but at the right level top draw. hed actually make a very good coach

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

alwasy thought at championship and at smaller premier league level this guy was a class act. never a top player but at the right level top draw. hed actually make a very good coach
He recovered successfully so he signed for Lincoln til the end of the season.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Why would Geoff Horsefield make a good coach? He only started football at 21 and carried on being a builder even while being a pro.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
many of the worlds top managers and coaches NEVER had a noteworthy career. actually the horse would make a good coach, if you know about the player and the man

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
linky?
right i knew that was just testing you :whistling: i thought it would have been like the Henrik Larson transfer maybe sign him on loan for experience and teach the lads a thing or two

many of the worlds top managers and coaches NEVER had a noteworthy career. actually the horse would make a good coach, if you know about the player and the man

I would like you all to go to the first post and highlight it.

WUM:rofl::rofl::rofl:
You got me :D Was a good one though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts