Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United Launch Bid For Leeds' Fabian Delph
Fergie is hoping to add another fledgling to his flock as he hatches a plan to sign the Pea****s' star youngster...

According to The Sun, the British tabloid newspaper, Manchester United are readying a bid totalling £10 million for Leeds United midfielder Fabian Delph.

The 18-year-old has turned heads in League One this season, and a host of Premier League clubs have sent their scouts to see what all the fuss is about.

Newcastle United wasted no time tabling a bid, but their £1 million offer was rejected rather firmly by Leeds chairman Ken Bates, who is determined to keep hold of such a huge prospect.

"Fabian Delph will be moving to the Barclays Premier League - but we hope he'll be moving with us via the Championship," Bates said in November.

Arsenal, Portsmouth, Bolton Wanderers and Sunderland have also been linked with the England Under-19 star, while Fulham boss Roy Hodgson's eyes and ears were in the stands as Leeds beat Stockport Country 3-1 last weekend.

It was reported earlier this week that the Cottagers had made an official £6 million offer for the Bradford-born starlet, but it would seem United have trumped their top-flight rivals by offering the same sum with a few tasty add-ons.

A series of bonuses based on performances and appearances would potentially see the Whites collect an extra £4 million, but Sir Alex Ferguson is also willing to loan them midfield prospects Darron Gibson and Rodrigo Possebon until the end of the season.

Delph has been variously compared to Steven Gerrard and Paul Scholes due to his tenacious attitude, eye for a pass, and ability to romp forward and get on the score-sheet.

Mike Maguire, Goal.com

Anyone heard of this young lad? 10 mill for an 18 year old in league 1?!?!?!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I was just wondering if we were still after him too, the rumors started months ago, and everything I've seen of him is exciting.

He however just got caught drinking-and-driving:

"On 23 December 2008, Delph was arrested by police and charged for drink-driving in Rothwell, Leeds. He will appear before magistrates in January 2009."

So he could be in jail by the end of the window.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
It would interesting if we got him, especially because he's young and he's also an Englishman, and with that law that obliges clubs to have as many players from the clubs country as they can, this could be a good choice for the future.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I have a mate who's a big Leeds fan, so I watch the odd game with him, Delph is the stand out player in that league!

10 million is a big fee for a young lad but could be worth it!

I still hope we get the two Serb's also!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Now that Utd have officially signed the 2 young Serbs, and with Fergie being quoted as saying no more activity in the transfer market for the rest of the season, will Utd still try and sign Delph?

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
Possebons more of a holding mid and Gibson seems versatile, wouldn't mind having him even though he might be in the same position as a certain Adem Llajic. We'll see.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Well that's a pretty big price tag considering Aaron Ramsey cost half the price.

I really wouldn't put too much stock into this rumour. I don't think fergie will need another central midfielder even with Hargreaves out, unless this guy is really so highly rated.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
It's quite clearly bull after listening to Fergies press conference earlier on today. He said thats the end of our transfer business for the season.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
It's quite clearly bull after listening to Fergies press conference earlier on today. He said thats the end of our transfer business for the season.
mabe he meant the end of signing 1st teamers?;) tbh i agree though more than likely is bull and i dont see anymore comeing in well not a midfilder anyway

·
Registered
4 Posts
Fabian Delph- Leeds Midfielder

There have been rumours that Fergie is going for £10m and gibson and possebon for Fabian Delph. I don't think he is worth that much but Robbie Keane wasn't worth £20m either but football always brings up some surprising things. Fergie has said that he isn't going for Delph, but he wouldn't dare say he was going for Delph just incase he can't get him. What do we all think of a Leeds youngster coming to Old Trafford? Is he over rated?

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
i think if we are going to sign him now it will just meerly be an agreement for him to move in a future date or buy him and loan him back out to leeds after all fergie said that was it for this window.... which means nothing

i know we had the deal for the 2 serbs in place but he said if not 3 days ago he will sign no1 yet he kinda has which begs me to ask the question when has fergie said he wont sign anyone then does? im almost sure hes done it before

well anyway the kid looks pretty decent although hes english which means a massive price tag so i duno we shall see although here always hopeing we buy the best english talent

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
i dont like the price tag or the thought of giving dirty leeds two of our players. i assume its not true being from the sun but id much rather cut that price down.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
i really dont see us letting possebon go! maybe gibson permantly and possebon on loan? whatever we do hes a good young talented english player so the price is bound to be at least doubled

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
This won't hppen with Anderson, Possebon and Gibson all knocking around, although I don't think Gibson will make it as a player think he will turn out like Richardson, so Delph would be a good signing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts