Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man Utd linked with Spartak Moscow keeper Pletikosa
tribalfootball.com - May 23, 2008

Manchester United are being linked with Spartak Moscow goalkeeper Stipe Pletikosa.
Russian sources say the 29 year-old Croatia international is already in advanced negotiations with United and expects to move to Old Trafford after the European Championships.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=94429

I hope this is not true. We don't need another goalkeeper this season.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I very much doubt it. We get linked with goal-keepers every month. We're not in the market for a goal-keeper. We've got Ben Foster as our Long-term future.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Oh mad! I like this keeper alot...well I am biased because I am a Croatia fan and lived there for 8 years lol...he would be decent back up and for me is equal to Kuszack...its never a bad thing to have squad depth imo...maybe Foster will go on loan? Its better to have Pletikosa than Heaton imo! Maybe Kuszack will leave of go on loan? I know at least one of Foster or Kuszack will want to play first team hence go on loan so maybe that is why we want Pletikosa....or this all could be just pure speculation only because the final was played in Moscow and the player is located in Moscow lmao

·
Banned
836 Posts
Pure speculation, I think with us being european champions, we're going to be linked with so many players and players who would want to join this club and have a taste of the success we've had this season.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
WHO !?

We have Kuszack, Foster and of course VDS, why anymore?
I've only heard of him because I put him in my fantasy team in LMA Manager 2006 on my Xbox :D

You make a valid point though. Why would we need another keeper? We also have Heaton who recently won a call up to the England under 21 squad.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Stipe 'the octopod':eek: ...very good player,even better than Kuszack.But the question is-do we need another GK.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Pletikosa???

hahahahahahahaha lol...

he is great keeper but we have Ben and VDS!They are great keepers too.Maybe they are more good.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
i love stipe i really do , but although he's better than tommas he is not a great goalkeeper..he's in almunia's mould - very good at one on one0s but poor at crosses - anyway - i would love to have him though..anyway - after the england matyh pletikose's brother logged in over here..
also he's been voted as the best foreign player in russian league ahead of serbian rising star - branislav ivanovic who's signed for chelsea - and when a goalkeeper is the best player of a league it means something

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Its really funny how people on this fourm talk as if they know the future...the transfer period has not even started yet and people already think they know the 2008/2009 squad list...Heaton as already left and we still don't know if Foster and Kuszack will remain at the club for the 08/09 season. Maybe one of them will go on loan like Foster did when he was fully fit..? Maybe we will sell a keeper like Kuszack because last I heard from Poland was that he wants to play regular football like Boruc does so he can have a chance to be Poland's number 1 keeper so yeah...maybe Pletikosa will replace a keeper?

Lets just wait and see what happends in the keeper department. If anyone has noticed but we have been linked with keepers this season with the likes of Frey, Ochoa, Kameni, Casillas and so on and Pletikosa is the latest speculation...there is no harm in keeping a shortlist of players ready when we need to buy one...

I also think its a little funny that when we go to Moscow, a player from Moscow is speculated with us...it seems to happen everytime we play in another country or vs. a normal opposition like the whole Valencia thing when we were playing Wigan lol

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
pletikosa's response on the subject - i spoke with the bosses this morning - they didn't mention anything - i'm sure if it there had been a serious contact i would know

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
hahahhaaa
he is the reason why bilic wears a hat
he conceded 5 goals in 10 games hahaa
the worst goalie in the world
bilib is searching all the world searching for a goalie who can play for croatia
taibie is even better than him :D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
abojodeh said:
hahahhaaa
bilib is searching all the world searching for a goalie who can play for croatia
A rating of 0,5 per game and not good enough? :eek:

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
abojodeh said:
hahahhaaa
My god you sound like a scouer in that comment! Pathetic logic and arguments! :confused:

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
HE IS NOTHING TO VAN DER SAR
FOSTER
OR EVEN KUSCZCAK
he is one of the worst goalies
bilic is searching the universe for a goalie to play instead of peltoska

1 - 20 of 25 Posts