Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9103178/United-look-to-India-for-new-sponsor

Giant Indian corporation Sahara have been approached about the possibility of becoming Manchester United's next shirt sponsor.

United's current £14million-a-year deal with American bankers AIG is due to expire in the summer of 2010 and is highly unlikely to be renewed given the company required a massive bail-out from the US Federal Reserve last year just to keep trading.

It leaves the Red Devils trawling the planet looking for alternatives at a time of financial prudency.

Chief executive David Gill has previously indicated United were looking towards India for expansion, although a first visit to play a match has not been incorporated within this summer's Asia tour.

However Sahara executives are expected to consider United's initial approach, having enjoyed a fruitful sponsorship deal with the India cricket and hockey teams in recent years.

Other companies have been approached as well, with many experts predicting Saudi Telecom, already one of United's commercial partners, may be interested in strengthening their ties.

There have also been close dealings with Malaysia - where United will play in July - in recent years, so executives are bound to look at Kuala Lumpur as well.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Get as much money as we can I say but guess what that means another kit change for the fans !!!!!!!!!!!!!

They will use it as an excuse !

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Well..AIG is in cysis...it isn't a surprise we won't prolong our sponsorship with them. Realy curious who will be our major sponsor...i heard LG is in the frame as the well.

·
Registered
605 Posts

how would our new kit be then?
if their logo is like this

and what happened to the 'eithaad' deal of city?
wanted it to happen

·
Registered
605 Posts
it has the india flag on it
[saffron]
[white]
[green]

being an indian,i would love the flag on united shirt but not man people would like it i guess

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Revanth said:
it has the india flag on it
[saffron]
[white]
[green]

being an indian,i would love the flag on united shirt but not man people would like it i guess

I always tell my indian friends - The green is for the banana leaf, the white is the rice and the saffron is the curry :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
martinutd said:
I think that just that SAHARA INDIA PARIWAR should be on the shirts without the people in the circle above
Just 'sahara' is enough i think

RedForceRising said:
I always tell my indian friends - The green is for the banana leaf, the white is the rice and the saffron is the curry :D
haha :D

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
have no axe to grind concerned where sponsors are involved, they are a necessary evil -one thing i would like to see though is at least some CONTINUITY....i hate seeing not only our club but other with different names plastered on there shirts, then changed halway through a season to someone else or to nothing at all in west broms case. sadly in todays ecomonic climate its something we have to get used to.

full marks to villa though with their charity shirt sponsors....now theres an idea barcelona, villa...who's next to refuse sponsorship and instead let good causes put their name on shirts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
scottsati said:
full marks to villa though with their charity shirt sponsors....now theres an idea barcelona, villa...who's next to refuse sponsorship and instead let good causes put their name on shirts
That's what I'd like to see but it will never happen at United atm imo.

As for the sponsors, I'm not really sure who we should get. What do Sahara do anyway?

·
Registered
542 Posts
AIG looks to bold and outa place on our current shirt

it needs to be neat and sway with our shirt's.

for instance look at roma's kit the "wind" it adds the the shirts attraction

1 - 20 of 26 Posts