Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Luka Modrić is one of the best Spurs' players , and he came as a player of the massive potenital and "the one for the future" . Furtheremore , spurs paid a lot for him so it's the most logical option they'll wait till he fulfills his true potential before letting him go. However, according to "Johan Cruyff's Luka - a like" manager, Modric would most probably leave if anyone decided to splash the 24 million euros for his services.

Although there have been some speculation about his departure over the last few weeks , some Italian giants were also mentioned, Luka's manager Sabatino Durante said that it was almost mission impossible.

He finds much more important that Luka, after a couple of months of an adaption period , has finally shown what he's capable of. He still believes he has a lot more to offer though.

'I've been saying for 2-3 years now that Luka is one of the finest midfielders in the world. He's versatile, he can score,assist,defend,he's quick and very hard to predict.The fact that he's still young and developing is not less important too . He has the future ahead of him. "

"Tottenham holds offers from Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal,but they don't want to sell him becasue they're counting to built the team around him..There had been offers even before he joined Tottenham but he didn't want to go to one of those big clubs in order to find some playing time and to develope regularly. It was mostly his decision ."

- just wanted to ask you guys if you thought he'd be a valuable asset once scholes and giggs have retired

i think he still needs to work on his shooting and needs to use his dribble more but so far he's been very good for spurs - classy little player and a great person too

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
I always thought Modric was a good player, but I doubted him being physical enough to play in the Premier League when he joined Spurs. I have to say this season he's impressed me in some of the Spurs games i've watched.

Anyway to answer your question. Would he be a valuable asset, yeah maybe.
He's still young and developing at this level and he's got Premier League experience now.
If he came available at a genuine price, it would interest me in signing him.

But there's no reason to suggest we have even been interested in his services.
It says " we hold offers from Man United " but I wouldn't believe that.
I wouldn't think he's a player Fergie would look for, even after Giggs and Scholes retire.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always thought Modric was a good player, but I doubted him being physical enough to play in the Premier League when he joined Spurs. I have to say this season he's impressed me in some of the Spurs games i've watched.

Anyway to answer your question. Would he be a valuable asset, yeah maybe.
He's still young and developing at this level and he's got Premier League experience now.
If he came available at a genuine price, it would interest me in signing him.

But there's no reason to suggest we have even been interested in his services.
It says " we hold offers from Man United " but I wouldn't believe that.
I wouldn't think he's a player Fergie would look for, even after Giggs and Scholes retire.
yeah - maybe it's all his manager's talk abviously but in croatia he is our paul scholes only doesn't have that power and accuracy in his shot...and can tackle ;)

btw he's taller than scholes , xavi and iniesta so he's not that small at all...

his playmaking skills remind me on scholes and i think he's not even close to fullfilling his potential - btw - i always knew he'd adapt to EPL - never doubted - would be thrilled if we signed him but highly unlikely -

but with fergie - you never know ;)

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
EDIT: just noticed you're Croation lol

I thought normally he played like between the midfield and striker role or Croatia?
nah - he has been either strictly cmf or pirlo-a-like dmf (which i preffer tbh ) or an amf which is fine

but dmf/cmf where he starts attacks is where he's the best imo

he can dictate the tempo from there and much more involved than at the amf position

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
nah - he has been either strictly cmf or pirlo-a-like dmf (which i preffer tbh ) or an amf which is fine

he can dictate the tempo from there and much more involved than at the amf position
well that's interesting to hear, its just because I've seen him struggle for Tottenham there before, but I still think he's a top player

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts

So you rate him highly? Would you say hes the best Croat player right now? I rate Kranjcar quite highly but he goes missing a lot...

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So you rate him highly? Would you say hes the best Croat player right now? I rate Kranjcar quite highly but he goes missing a lot...
been saying that he's been for like a year niow

always thought he was gonna go to arsenal instead of eduardo

in the terms of potenital - the best is ivan rakitic - he's pure class and a raw talent - if he develops the way he should he's the next boban then (slight exaggeration of course)

kranjcar's good but modric's better imo

kranjcar could play carrick role with his passing and vision imo

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
been saying that he's been for like a year niow

always thought he was gonna go to arsenal instead of eduardo

in the terms of potenital - the best is ivan rakitic - he's pure class and a raw talent - if he develops the way he should he's the next boban then (slight exaggeration of course)

kranjcar's good but modric's better imo

kranjcar could play carrick role with his passing and vision imo
Yeah i rate Rakitic highly, seen him on FM too and pretty amazing there

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah i rate Rakitic highly, seen him on FM too and pretty amazing there
yeah - disregard the FM -they're often wrong but he's had a great EURO -and put some great mature performances , espeically the one against the germans was quite impressive

he's more direct than modric - tends to do a bit more through passes and little flicks and stuff

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
he's really a great playmaker, plus add in the fact that he's playing more as a left midfielder for tottenham this season, maybe he could solve our left wing "problems".
doubt it

he is only placed there on paper, but when the match starts - he's all over the field

sure a little bit more to the left but he ain't a winger and i don't think we have a problem with that wing at all - it's either ronaldo or rooney there :eek:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.