Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: http://therepublikofmancunia.com/video-carrington-trial-for-sheffield-united-teen/

Sheffield United midfielder, Lee Askham, has been offered a trial at Old Trafford, following rave reviews of his performances in the England youth teams.

The lad is a right winger, known to be a “tremendous dribbler of the ballâ€, meaning he could come in handy when Cristiano Ronaldo leaves.

He scored at the weekend for Sheffield United's U-18 team and is apparently keen to seal a permanent move to our club.

The club's official website describes him as “an agile midfielder who enjoys having the ball at his feet and running at defenders.â€

Anybody seen this guy play? I personally haven't heard of him. But i do believe we could use another winger or two. The lad is young and if he is good enough, who knows he might just be the replacement for slave boy. He's English too.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Hope he comes but if he is only 17 its gonna take him years to break into our first team, unless he has something special!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Good news, great that he is english. Hope that he does great and get a contract. If Ronaldo leaves maybe he is his replacement.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
We'll just need to wait a see.

If hes only 17, its a bit early to say whether hes going to be a star or not.

After all, many players look like prospects when they're 17 and end up being average players. Keiran Richardson for example :cool:

And if he does come, he wouldn't play for another couple of years I don't think. He would probably play in the youths/reserves for a year, then go out on load first.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It is a pressure but maybe if he does a good job in the youth system then he could get a senior number but play then in the reserves.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^^^^^^^ Well, we offered him a trial right? I guess he'll be training with the reserve team for a some time. If he's good enough, hopefully we'll sign him. I don't expect any news about him anytime soon.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
the kid seems pretty impressive and by the looks of the video posted by ritesh seems to me that hes a united fan

i hope he impresses and we can see him coming through the ranks soon

1 - 20 of 25 Posts