Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United are expected to secure an agreement for the permanent signing of Carlos Tévez in the next few weeks. David Gill, the United chief executive, met Kia Joorabchian, the Argentina striker's representative, last week and they hope to conclude a deal before the European champions fly to Japan for the Club World Cup in the middle of next month.

Tévez, 24, has fallen down the pecking order at Old Trafford since the arrival of Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham Hotspur on September 1, but Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, is adamant that the Argentinian remains an integral part of his plans and has made it clear to Gill that he wants the player's services secured in the long term.

The news yesterday that Ruud van Nistelrooy, the Real Madrid striker, has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee injury is likely to have provided extra incentive for United to tie up the deal, with the Spanish champions reported to be interested in signing Tévez. United paid between £6 million and £10 million to sign him on a two-year loan deal, which expires next summer, and those costs are expected to be included in the final fee, which could total as much as £30 million.

That would leave United with about £20 million left to pay to Joorabchian, who owns the economic rights to the player, although the ramifications of Tévez's spell with West Ham United and the issues surrounding third-party ownership are still being debated in the courts.

Diego Maradona, the new coach of Argentina, was quoted yesterday as saying that Tévez was worried about his lack of first-team opportunities at Old Trafford - he has started only four of United's past 13 matches - although Ferguson sat down with the player three weeks ago to “stress to him that our faith in him is absoluteâ€.

That is expected to be borne out by the fact that Ferguson is willing to make Tévez the latest costly addition to an attack that has already set the club back £70 million and could now top the £100 million mark, though such is the complex nature of the deal that it may not be ratified until the transfer window opens in January.

Having been beaten 2-1 by Arsenal last weekend, United can ill-afford to lose further ground on the Barclays Premier League leaders when they play at home to Stoke City tomorrow, but Darren Fletcher, the midfield player, believes the title race will go to the wire. “There will be lots of twists and turns,†Fletcher said. “The league went down to the final day of last season and I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same again.â€

hehehe !

of course we'll sign him....better pay 30 million for the 24 year old, than for 27 year old ;)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
CROoney said:
The news yesterday that Ruud van Nistelrooy, the Real Madrid striker, has been ruled out for the rest of the season with a knee injury is likely to have provided extra incentive for United to tie up the deal, with the Spanish champions reported to be interested in signing Tévez.
That's what instantly came to my mind when I saw the thread title. If clubs like Real Madrid are going to come sniffing around him then we need to tie him down to a permanent contract asap.

·
Registered
590 Posts
If he signs that's great news. Players don't often come along that have as much work rate, combined with the footballing ability that Carlos has.

SAF would be mad not to sign up up to a permenant deal. The sooner Carlos is officially our player the better!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I really dont agree with this idea. TEvez is certainly a good player, but nothing more I think. IF you spend 30mil on a player, u av to be sure that he will score 20 goals a season or quite frankly hes just not worth it. Furthermore, he'll be doing nothing more than warming our bench and I would put money on that he wont even reach double figures in all comps this season. Spending that sort of money on a player means buying a world class player, someone like KUN or Benzema is what we should be getting for that sort of money. I must stress that I am a huge Tevez fan and admit that we wouldnt have won the title last year without him, but I really believe there are better players out there.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
berbatov08 - and i suppose you think berba is a world class player ay ?

tevez scored 15 goals last season ...in his first season...and he didn't even have the time to recuperate from copa america...

listen , i will go that far to say that tevez and vds have been our best buys since rooney

and rafa is on his way to become the third imo

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
BERBA scores and assists more goals. And that was with a crappy little club like Spurs. Do you even watch the premiership mate, Berbatov is also one of the most entertaining players to watch in it. His skill and first touch is also far superior to Tevez. The only thing Tev has over B is that is work rate is higher. So yes Berba is better than Tevez, even Fergie's team selection proves that

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
i am a huge tevez fan and at the start of the season was shocked to see rooney starting ahead of him as rooney was out of form and tevez was arguably our best player! i love how he plays and how he matches skill and talent with amazing woork rate and great passion! its refreashing to see players like that and who plays with a smile on his face most times and with his heart! he argubly won us the league last season with some vital goals...BUT in my opinoin 30 mill is to much to sped on our 3rd choice striker id rather get either a cheap choice 3rd striker who would be happy to sit on the bench beacause tevez is too good to be sitting on the bench OR spend 30 mill on an out and out striker beacuse tevez rooney and berba are all seep laying strikers even get owen for cheap in janand then spend big in the summer on someone like huntelaar! but hopefully tthe 30 mill there looking for is not the right figure and if its lower id be over the moon signin tevez however even if we do sign tevez for 30 millid still be happy withj it as hes a great player and im a huge fan i just think 30 mill is abit too much for him

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
cantos red army said:
i am a huge tevez fan and at the start of the season was shocked to see rooney starting ahead of him as rooney was out of form and tevez was arguably our best player! i love how he plays and how he matches skill and talent with amazing woork rate and great passion! its refreashing to see players like that and who plays with a smile on his face most times and with his heart! he argubly won us the league last season with some vital goals...BUT in my opinoin 30 mill is to much to sped on our 3rd choice striker id rather get either a cheap choice 3rd striker who would be happy to sit on the bench beacause tevez is too good to be sitting on the bench OR spend 30 mill on an out and out striker beacuse tevez rooney and berba are all seep laying strikers even get owen for cheap in janand then spend big in the summer on someone like huntelaar! but hopefully tthe 30 mill there looking for is not the right figure and if its lower id be over the moon signin tevez however even if we do sign tevez for 30 millid still be happy withj it as hes a great player and im a huge fan i just think 30 mill is abit too much for him
Fully agree wih ya

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
i just heard that the loan payments will be taken off the 30 mill so hopefully we will sign him if we get him for 15 mill or under and we have got a bargin :D hope its true beacuse still dont think we should spend 30 mill on a player whos 3rd choice and simalr to rooney and berba as in he doesnt stay in the box like ruud did! anyone think if we could get owen for cheap in jan we should go for him? he always scores goals and stays on the last defenders shoulders and thats what we need and for such a lil mqn his heading is pretty good

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Berbatov08 said:
BERBA scores and assists more goals. And that was with a crappy little club like Spurs. Do you even watch the premiership mate, Berbatov is also one of the most entertaining players to watch in it. His skill and first touch is also far superior to Tevez. [/COLOR]The only thing Tev has over B is that is work rate is higher. So yes Berba is better than Tevez, even Fergie's team selection proves that
no he doesn't - compare the stats of those 2 in the prem...take into account the time when Tevez was playing for WH - they were in mickey mouse situation

yeah - when he decides to show up - the last 4 macthes he was average and our results suffered...also he is 3 years older

don't agree with it cos tevez is very skilfull - he's got first touch and first touch only better than tevez

no it isn't and no it doesn't - it doesn't prove anything - it proves that he can't bench his 30 million player

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cantos red army said:
i just heard that the loan payments will be taken off the 30 mill so hopefully we will sign him if we get him for 15 mill or under and we have got a bargin :D hope its true beacuse still dont think we should spend 30 mill on a player whos 3rd choice and simalr to rooney and berba as in he doesnt stay in the box like ruud did! anyone think if we could get owen for cheap in jan we should go for him? he always scores goals and stays on the last defenders shoulders and thats what we need and for such a lil mqn his heading is pretty good
in no way he's similar to berba and he is similar to rooney - but what does rooney have to made us pay 30 million for him and what carlos hasn't ?

if rooney's worth it, carlos worth it too...

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i can't believe there are some seriously short sighted people on here

alongside wayne and ronaldo he was our most important player last season

anyone who knows anything about football will second that

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know anything about football and I'm not familiar with Berbatov beyond what I've seen of him this year, but IMO the goals he has scored this year were netted because lucky bounces have gone his way (and not all that often). Carlos creates. Berba just sticks his foot out and hopes for the best. One pretty assist doesn't make up for his lack of chemistry with the rest of the team.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
CROoney said:
i can't believe there are some seriously short sighted people on here

alongside wayne and ronaldo he was our most important player last season

anyone who knows anything about football will second that

im not saying he wasnt important last season he practicly won us the league with some of his goals the main one pringin to mind the bklackburn away game and dont get me wrong i love the lad and think hes great! as i siad at the start of the season i couldnt belive he was getingdropped over rooney who was havin a stinker at the start of the season!as for if we paid 30 mill for rooney y not tevez when we paid 30 mill for rooney he was after a great euro 2004 where he was argubly the tornaments best player at the age i think at the time of 18 so thats why we spent 30 mill on him he was meant to be the worlds best striker in a couple of years and even the best player in the world and i dont think ive ever heard ANYBODY mention carlos like that in his carear! great player but 30 mill i dont know! and u siad u dont see how berba tevez and rooney are simalar? have u been watching many games? none of them wwant to be in the boz they all wanna and do do thier work outside it! we need sopmeone whos just thier to put the ball in the net and doesnt care how good a goal it was he just cares hes scored like ruud!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts