Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the Carling Cup game with QPR, and a squeeze past the Championship side
with a late Carlos Tevez goal, United's young midfielder, Rodrigo Possebon stated
that he felt the performance was a la Brazil.

"It was not really Brazilian weather but I think the
performance was like Brazil. We passed the ball and
kept it really well"



Possebon made his return to the side for the QPR clash, after recovering from a
horror tackle against Middlesbrough in the previopus round.



Not sure what to make of what he said TBH!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,699 Posts
I wish. Too flattering. Some PR words/works I guess.

Saw how the ball flew past the heads of our midfielders from the defenders in some games when we had no ideas (and thus surrendering possession cheaply) or when some players passed the ball to the head of their team mates from close distance or when pressed hard by opponents?

We don't always play good ground-passing football and build up through the midfielders even though we are most confident, almost with a swagger, and dangerous when doing that. Has always been a mystery to me.

Thought Arsenal come closest.
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
versa said:
I wish. Too flattering. Some PR words/works I guess.

Saw how the ball flew past the heads of our midfielders from the defenders in some games when we had no ideas (and thus surrendering possession cheaply) or when some players passed the ball to the head of their team mates from close distance or when pressed hard by opponents?

We don't always play good ground-passing football and build up through the midfielders even though we are most confident, almost with a swagger, and dangerous when doing that. Has always been a mystery to me.

Thought Arsenal come closest.

what do you mean versa ?



imo we play one of the best footballs in the world, if not the best


hell, that's the reason why i support united because during those years when we didn't win anything we managed to play some mesmerising football too....

i remember the newcastle match i think when i said to myself - 2that's it - i won't be nervous anymore, because if we don't win the league, i still know w'll be playing the most beautifull football in the world and that's enough for me "


lol - i sounded like an arsenal fan back then


my point is - we play some fast , slick football with lots of position switchings, the most unpredictable and the best team performances around


brasil play slow football with neat ground passes and they depened mostly on individual skills unlike us where players like fletcher, park and co can provide MOTM performaces mostly due to a great team perfoamces that enalbes them to develope their talent



and that's the secret and difference between us and them
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
23,699 Posts
CROoney said:
my point is - we play some fast , slick football with lots of position switchings, the most unpredictable and the best team performances around

brasil play slow football with neat ground passes and they depened mostly on individual skills unlike us where players like fletcher, park and co can provide MOTM performaces mostly due to a great team perfoamces that enalbes them to develope their talent

and that's the secret and difference between us and them
I absolutely agree with you on that part. Your pride as much as mine too.

But to be perfectly honest, it is not often as slick as we expect or hope for or the best performances around, EVEN in our Doubles season.

We do see long, high and hopeful ball pumped forward by the defenders (except Evra) bypassing the midfield when we have no ideas (often chasing the game) or when hard pressed by opponents, often handing back the ball on a plate. Recall our performances in the Arsenal game when we were 1-0 down and 2-0 down. Big difference.

We are also capable of playing too-quick a football in a rush, again surrendering precious possessions. [We know the ideas behind it but...]

I also see some players capable of passing the ball to the heads/faces of their team mates even from near distance instead of on the ground. [I shall not name them for modesty reason.]

Don't get me wrong please. I am not slagging (I did not even start the thread), just commenting and not quite agreeing with Possebon's remarks which were a bit flattering to me. [These days, non-positive remarks can be very sensitive. Lol.]

Finally, I am not too sure if Brazil is slow at all (though they may look 'slow').

P.S. The best football we have ever played from what I have seen was the first 2, 3 seasons when we won the league in the early 90s. We cut through teams like knife through hot butter with our unimaginable speed of counter attacks and complete authority in the midfield, whether it was via the wings or just cutting through the middle like no man's land. No words to describe the sheer joy and ecstasy. Will I ever see it again in my life time?
 

·
Least popular Moderator
Joined
·
24,837 Posts
CROoney said:
my point is - we play some fast , slick football with lots of position switchings, the most unpredictable and the best team performances around


brasil play slow football with neat ground passes and they depened mostly on individual skills unlike us where players like fletcher, park and co can provide MOTM performaces mostly due to a great team perfoamces that enalbes them to develope their talent



and that's the secret and difference between us and them
Can't agree with that. Arsenal play a much more team-orientated passing style than us.

We rely on individualys a lot. We still play nice stuff though. We may not be as consistant as Arsenal, but when we are on song we are the best IMO.

But teams like Arsenal and Barca play with more of a team-playing style than we do.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
15,336 Posts
I can see what hes talking about actually.

I've thought this season that we have tried to walk to ball into the net. ;)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
82 Posts
i'd put it down to language barrier


Keano! said:
After the Carling Cup game with QPR, and a squeeze past the Championship side
with a late Carlos Tevez goal, United's young midfielder, Rodrigo Possebon stated
that he felt the performance was a la Brazil.

"It was not really Brazilian weather but I think the
performance was like Brazil. We passed the ball and
kept it really well"



Possebon made his return to the side for the QPR clash, after recovering from a
horror tackle against Middlesbrough in the previopus round.



Not sure what to make of what he said TBH!
 

·
Pz
Joined
·
2,062 Posts
ah fair play on the lad for biggin united up! Arrogant confidence! You have to love it! Thats why he plays for united!! Hope he gets better! lol

pz!
 

·
Berbatov>Tevez
Joined
·
11,077 Posts
TheManc said:
Can't agree with that. Arsenal play a much more team-orientated passing style than us.

We rely on individualys a lot. We still play nice stuff though. We may not be as consistant as Arsenal, but when we are on song we are the best IMO.

But teams like Arsenal and Barca play with more of a team-playing style than we do.

i agree about them playing good team oriantated footie - but honestly , sometimes i can fall asleep while watching their "after you-no after you style "-seriously - i find it boring


oh and that's why i said -ONE of the best team performances - you can't argue that we're up there
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top