Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ryan Shawcross named Powerade Player of the Month
Stoke City's Ryan Shawcross has been named as the Championship's Powerade Player of the Month for October.

The 20-year-old defender, currently on loan from Manchester United won the Coca-Cola Championship award after a series of fantastic displays for Stoke City

Shawcross was the Potters' outstanding player in October, scoring in the 1-1 draw with West Brom, the 2-1 win over Colchester and the 3-1 victory over Crystal Palace.

He has been an ever present in Stoke Citys back line this season and he saw off competition from Watfords Marlon King who came second, Ishmael Miller of West Brom and Leicester Citys Patrick Kisnorbo.

A delighted Ryan picked up his award today, commenting: 'There were a lot of good players up for the award and Im obviously very happy to win it'. 'Ive played every game and got a few goals along the way so I think thats help to win the award'

This young United startlet looks to have a bright future in the game. Congratulations Ryan on achieving this great award.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
hate to piss on some chips, but doesn't chris kamara pick the winner for this award? would he have even been mentioned had he not scored? just coz you score 4 goals from set pieces does that mean your defending well? i'll judge him when i see him in the prem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts