Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(fingers crossed) Assuming everybody's fit (bar saha) please pick your starting eleven and if possible give reasons why you've gone for a certain player over another for this particular game. eg why anderson over carrick etc. My eleven
1. Van der sar.
2. Brown
3. Ferdinand
4. Vidic
5. Evra

I think this would be most peoples starting back 5. Rio and vidic will def take care of drogba.

In the middle of the park id go

6. Scholes. The way he dictated the Barca games, was immense to say the least.
7. Hargreaves- i think this guy has been absolutely brilliant now he's getting a run in the team. We need someone to lookafter Ballack, because i see Ballack as a big threat in the final. Harg knows Ballack well and knows his game.
8. Giggs- yes hes bit slow now, but i havent done this for sentiments. ( breaking records etc) I think him with scholes it give a couple of old heads up there. As chelsea also have some very clever players in attack. I'd take giggsy off on may 60 mins (depending on scoreline) and bring parky on. Park is best coming on with 30 mins to go. No one can keep up with his energy levels at best of times, and when his got fresh legs, they've got no chance.
9. Ronnie-again most people would say he's an absolutel automatic. It would take a brave man to leave him out. Not for me. He gets the nod from me though. just about. Dont get me wrong. i think hes now one of the best players in the world. and world player of the year elect, on merit. This game will be testing in every sense of the word. skills. composure. Physically. mentally. emotionally. temperament. coolness. calmness. patience. The latter few not being ronnies best attributes. However he needs to make himself more prominent in these big games. Chelsea will try every trick in the book to upset him, and he should be prepared for all forms of provocation. No doubt they will have a man to mark him. He needs to go out and play his natural game. Bring on A Cole.

and up front
10. Tevez- I would go two up fromt. Rooney doesnt like playing by himself. And terry is a big powerdul defender. So we need grit goal scoring threat, and hard work. Tevez epitomises all three.
11. Rooney- i really do hope he's fit. Cos he's definitely a big game player. He worked tirelessly in the final against chelsea last year. Absolutely brilliant he was. This time he'll have alot more support up front. and will not let terry/carvalho bully him. last game i watched he was missing against city at home. dunne and richards bullied tevez and ronnie. this guy wont have none of that. he'll just bulldoze terry out of the way.

Final score- United 2- 0 chelsea

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
VDS
Brown Rio Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Hargreaves Carrick Scholes Park
Rooney

Subs: TK, Silvestre, O'Shea, Anderson, Giggs, Nani, Tevez

Start out with 4-5-1 and then we have the option to change to 4-4-2 if necessary.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
lets hope so... no place for Anderson?? I think wel play hargreaves on the right, anderson and scholes in the middle and ronaldo on the left... rest picks itself

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I think he should play Tevez along with Rooney.

The team he'll go with is

VDS

Brown Vidic Rio Evra - strongest defence possible stuck to it all season and have been the main reason we have had such a strong season.

Ronaldo Hargreaves Scholes Carrick Park

Rooney

The score .. i really dont know but im very excited:D

·
Banned
503 Posts
Van Der Sar
Hargreave's
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Ronaldo
Scholes
Carrick
Giggs
Tevez
Rooney

That's my selection, but i have faith in fergie to do the job right on the nite

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
4-5-1

VDS
Evra Vida Rio Brown
Ronnie Scholes Hargreaves Park Giggs
Rooney

4-4-2

VDS
Evra Vida Rio Brown
Ronnie Scholes Hargreaves Giggs
Tevez Rooney

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Id like to see the team the thread starter suggested.
We will have our back 4 back so Hargo will be looking a place and he
NEEDS to play. Him adn Scholes in the middle.

Id like to see 4-4-2 but Id say Fergie might go with a 4-5-1 (see reddwarf's post)
Im still undecided between Giggs or Park. park will offer the defensive
protection, where Giggs will offer the vital experience of such a final.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey red devil, we all have our faith in fergie. and i know he will pick the best team for the occasion. this topic was created just get our opinions across on what team we would like and why. actually its interesting to see who people have gone for. i particularly liked red dwarfs line up. not many teams have the luxury to have squad like ours, permetations and options like ours let alone create a topic like this! no need for sarcasm. now now. and anyway why would redkhoon be racist?

·
Banned
503 Posts
redkhoon said:
hey red devil, we all have our faith in fergie. and i know he will pick the best team for the occasion. this topic was created just get our opinions across on what team we would like and why. actually its interesting to see who people have gone for. i particularly liked red dwarfs line up. not many teams have the luxury to have squad like ours, permetations and options like ours let alone create a topic like this! no need for sarcasm. now now. and anyway why would redkhoon be racist?
Hi m8, are you from asia, just asking regarding your username redkhoon :)

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
reddwarf said:
VDS
Brown Rio Vidic Evra
Ronaldo Hargreaves Carrick Scholes Park
Rooney

Subs: TK, Silvestre, O'Shea, Anderson, Giggs, Nani, Tevez

Start out with 4-5-1 and then we have the option to change to 4-4-2 if necessary.
Agree 100%.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
redkhoon said:
no need for sarcasm. now now. and anyway why would redkhoon be racist?
I'm afraid you'll have to get used to Red Devil being sarcastic ;)

If you spell the word khoon with a c instead of the kh it's a racist term offensive to black people. Although why you'd call yourself a racist term doesn't make any sense to me :confused:

It only makes sense to Red Devil :D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well guys im new to this (one day). guess i'll have to get used everybodys soh, bit difficult in tex though..lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
btw reddwarf ive never heard that term before so i just googled it. this is the result from urban dictionary. funny! LMAO

1. choon
A song or any piece of music to which an individual assigns the highest level of merit but most usually an exclaimation upon hearing the song in public.
Bohemian Rhapsody! CHOON!

2. choon -"tunes" pronounced in a dutch accent; Great song;
Popularized by a popular trance composer/DJ Armin Van Buuren;
Eyy mate, u check out the latest choon from DJ Tiesto? It's such a good choon, I wanna lick my feet!

lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts