Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
redkhoon said:
(fingers crossed) Assuming everybody's fit (bar saha) please pick your starting eleven and if possible give reasons why you've gone for a certain player over another for this particular game. eg why anderson over carrick etc. My eleven
1. Van der sar.
2. Brown
3. Ferdinand
4. Vidic
5. Evra

I think this would be most peoples starting back 5. Rio and vidic will def take care of drogba.

In the middle of the park id go

6. Scholes. The way he dictated the Barca games, was immense to say the least.
7. Hargreaves-
8. Giggs-
9. Ronnie-a

and up front
10. Tevez- I would go two up fromt. Rooney doesnt like playing by himself. And terry is a big powerdul defender. So we need grit goal scoring threat, and hard work. Tevez epitomises all three.
11. Rooney- i really do hope he's fit. Cos he's definitely a big game player. He worked tirelessly in the final against chelsea last year. Absolutely brilliant he was. This time he'll have alot more support up front. and will not let terry/carvalho bully him. last game i watched he was missing against city at home. dunne and richards bullied tevez and ronnie. this guy wont have none of that. he'll just bulldoze terry out of the way.

Final score- United 2- 0 chelsea
Hmmm....you write very similarly to someone else I know.

Anyway,

If we play with Wes Brown in the CL Final, i'll be pissing in my pants. People say he has had a good season, because he was so horrible in previous seasons, but if your REALLY< REALLY watch Man United, you would know how shaky he is and how a team mate always has to cover for him.

I know Fergie will find it hard to leave him out, but it is almost a must.

For me it should be

Rooney - Tevez

Park - Scholes - Carrick - Ronaldo

Evra - Vidic - Ferdinand - Hargreaves

VDS​

If fergie does play Wes, than i prefer him at RB and I would go with your set up. It seems well balanced to me and Hargreaves could drift to the right once in a while to put in some crosses. The other option would be to play 4-5-1 and bring on Tevez as a sub

Rooney

Park - Scholes - Carrick - Ronaldo

Hargreaves

Evra - Ferdinand - Vidic - Brown

VDS​

The big issue for me is not playing Giggs. This guy has been phenomenal, but has had a really horrible season. In my heart, i know that Fergie WILL start with Giggs, but hand on heart, I would rather Ji-Sung Park start. He is full of running, has made wonderful contribution this season, never gives up on any ball or any cause.

A lot of people label him a shirt seller. but he;s much more than that and seems to really come alive during European matches, so I would love it for Fergie to start with him.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
redkhoon said:
btw reddwarf ive never heard that term before so i just googled it. this is the result from urban dictionary. funny! LMAO
I used to listen to choons a few years ago. It was a term widely used by my mates when we went out clubbing. :D

But if you take the h out of choon it's a racist term.

·
Registered
130 Posts
100% agree with RFR on that teamsheet.

I'd like to see us with two upfront, gives us less options if we need some sort of spark from the bench though. I'd also give the start to Park & Brown. Rather than Giggs & Hargo.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
red force, i like your second line-up. we need a strong midfield. that's where the battle will be won. harg...is the man to stop ballack playing his game, and pulling strings in the middle of the park. scholesy will play his natural game. yaya toure, and essien would equalise for me. and yaya didnt have a sniff at scholesy at OT. we need park and ronnie to support rooney up front though. alot of support. that leaves carrick...who can do what he's best at...keep passing it back to Van der sar!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
My concern about starting with 4-4-2 against Chelsea is that they play a 4-3-3 formation.

With a 3 man midfield Chelsea could overrun our central pairing and dominate the game. The last thing we want is for Chelsea to dominate the early exchanges and get a foothold in the game.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
redkhoon said:
red force, i like your second line-up. we need a strong midfield. that's where the battle will be won. harg...is the man to stop ballack playing his game, and pulling strings in the middle of the park. scholesy will play his natural game. yaya toure, and essien would equalise for me. and yaya didnt have a sniff at scholesy at OT. we need park and ronnie to support rooney up front though. alot of support. that leaves carrick...who can do what he's best at...keep passing it back to Van der sar!

muahahaha..... totally agree with that Carrick statement. He was really good last season, but has had an unimpressive season. So many attacking moves started with Carrick last season, but he must be using the wrong boots, because he;s been struggling to find his range the entire season.

Van der Sar is the only person he can regularly pass to without missing : )

·
Registered
736 Posts
Listen, the line-up should be like this...

-------------------------------------VDS---------------------------------------
WES------------------RIO----------------------VIDA-------------------EVRA
---------------------------------CARRICK-------------------------------------
CR7---------------SCHOLES-------------------HARGO----------------PARK
----------------------------------ROONEY-------------------------------------

SUBS : TOMASZ, O'SHEA, GIGGS, ANDERSON, TEVEZ, SILVESTRE, NANI

ANDO & CARLITOS WILL BE AN IMPACT PLAYER...........SHOULD BE ON THE 60TH MINUTES...

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.