Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: NOTW

Media reports claim that the Premiership reigning champions Manchester United are eyeing Werder Bremen goalkeeper Tim Wiese as they look to bring in an experienced keeper as cover for Edwin van der Sar.

The ‘News of the World’ today report that the 26 year old German international custodian is on the Old Trafford wanted list as they search for a back up to number one Edwin van der Sar.

The veteran Dutch keeper only has another couple of seasons at the very top with United and although Sir Alex Ferguson has lined up youngster Ben Foster as his successor, he wants to bring in a more experienced custodian in the shorter term.

Wiese has often drawn comparisons with Bayern keeper Oliver Kahn due to his great reflexes and emotional outbursts, but he is also prone to making errors, as was seen recently in Werder’s Uefa Cup exit to Glasgow Rangers. In the 2006-07 season, he eventually established himself as the first goalkeeper at Werder Bremen and only missed three Bundesliga matches throughout the season.

It is believed Wiese would demand a transfer fee in the region of £5 million.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Im sick of these constant BS transfer stories.
News of the blood World an all :rolleyes:

Can we not wait for the season to finish to start talking about this crap?
And anyway ever heard of Foster and Pig?

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Im sick of these constant BS transfer stories.
News of the blood World an all :rolleyes:

Can we not wait for the season to finish to start talking about this crap?
And anyway ever heard of Foster and Pig?

Hear Hear....

Is it true that Kuzchack (Spelling) will be going out on loan next season? With Foster to challenge VDS for the 1st team?

lmao..

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Definitely not.

He probably makes as many mistakes as Carroll and Howard did, possible more.

And I'm sick of constantly being linked to goalkeepers. Why do we need one?

We have one of the best and most experienced in the World, a potentially World Class goalkeeper and a goalkeeper who is a great shot-stopper and is a very reliable back up? I repeat, why do we need one?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
we dont need anyone when we have PIG and foster.........they are the best for us......we dont need anyone else....and we have heaton in our reserves too...

·
Registered
488 Posts
Foster only... the other no comment... But I see that we need another Goalie... Perhaps ours are not good enough to cover VDS... That's my view...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
oh my god....why this goalkeeper....why do we always get goalkeepers that make incredible mistakes...:(..Barthez...Tomasz...now this guy?....i hope this is just a rumour

·
Registered
566 Posts
we certainly dont need another keeper.
i think foster can be world class once he gets enough experience. he certainly showed his quality during his time at watford.
tomasz in my opinion dont seem reliable enough. he can be real inconsistent and i am always in constant fear when he is in goal.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts