Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United To Battle For Juventus Star Gianluigi Buffon ? Report - Goal.com

Manchester United are expected to wage a battle with city rivals Manchester City for Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon this summer.

Tuttosport claims the Red Devils have shown an interest in the Italian international and Sir Alex Ferguson is devising a plan to lure him to Old Trafford during the transfer window. The report suggests the Bianconeri have already received an offer from England.

Manchester City are also keen on the custodian’s services. They tried their luck back in January, however, their attempts to land Buffon failed. The Italian paper claims that Juventus will allow Buffon to leave for €70 million.

The player's agent, Silvano Martina, opened the door to offers when he said that Buffon could leave for the right price.

Voices around the Piedmont city claim Juve could let the former Parma star go as the money received for the 'keeper would allow them to make some strong additions in areas of their squad that need bolstered.

A recent report suggested that the Juve fans are no longer happy with the goalkeeper following his errors this season.

Both Manchester clubs are expected to make a move. But there could be complications as reports from Spain earlier this week implied that Barcelona also want the shot-stopper.

An exciting race for Buffon looks on the horizon.

Translated version of http://www.tuttosport.com/

the translation is a bit confusing as it was in italian originally, but the jist is that we might make a big for buffon

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Zuco!

And Cristianoharleiro it originated from an Italian news source.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Lets see what eJuventus has heard about this.
Its probably nonsense anyway and spending that much on a keeper is silly
when we have Edwin and Foster. Money would be better served buying Ribery or a striker.

·
Banned
16,009 Posts
This won't happen. Buffon stuck by Juventus even when they got relegated. he's one of those players who will psend his entire career there.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lets see what eJuventus has heard about this.
Its probably nonsense anyway and spending that much on a keeper is silly
when we have Edwin and Foster. Money would be better served buying Ribery or a striker.
I agree, we're not bad at all in the Goalkeeping department, there are far bigger issues that need addressing for that kind of money.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
He's the best imo. However, he would cost a huge sum of money, and I'd rather give Foster a shot at it first before we go into the market if it turns out we need to. EDITED: According to the online currency converter I used, he'd cost roughly £62.8m.

Saying that though, this story is more than likely to be a load of rubbish :p

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
70 mil jees. for what?..hearing about his errors and his form lately and for his age this is an impossible sum . Only citeh would be crazy enough to pay such a sum for him. 20 mil at most for Buffon. But it won't happen. And i guess next season Fergie will offer more chances to Foster. No doubt.

·
Registered
76 Posts
We won't
We have VDS for at least another season, and Fergie has always said that Foster is our future no.1, and I can't see that changing at the mo.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Absolute NONSENSE! I have faith in Foster, and I'm willing to gamble next season on him!

Citeh have just signed Given who is nearly as good as Buffon, highly unlikely they would do one over on Given like that!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Quite frankly, I would love to see GiGi here, but 70 mil.... On a goalkeeper. Your having a bubble. £20 million is the max I would ever want to see us spend on a keeper...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts