Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
United to bid for Richard Dunne?
"There has been a lot of rumours suggesting that the Red Devils will try to sign Manchester City defender Micah Richards, but that looks very unlikely given that he recently signed a new deal, added to which the Blues would want a lot of money for the young England defender.

However, Richard's team-mate Richard Dunne is available for a reported £5m fee after refusing to sign a new long-term contract.

The 28-year-old was the fans player of the year, but a move to United would be less than popular with the City fans. According to the latest news, Spurs are the favourites to land the player who was once dubbed the 'honey-monster'.

Apart from fearing a fan backlash, would Richards fancy playing second fiddle to Vidic and Ferdinand? My own view is that Richards wouldn't fancy his chances of dislodging either player, and that a regular first-team place would be his preferred option at this stage of his career.

The Irish international would be a great player to have on the bench especially with United just having sold Pique. Silvestre is also expected to leave the club this summer which could leave United short of top quality cover in the centre of the back four."

your thoughts guys

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
No chance....Dunne is one of the best defenders in the entire league.
Why would he come here and sit on the bench?
He wont.....
He should go to Spurs and get loads of 1st team football cos he deserves it
and he is class.
City's player of the year for the last FOUR seasons........class act!

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
Apart from fearing a fan backlash, would Richards fancy playing second fiddle to Vidic and Ferdinand? My own view is that Richards wouldn't fancy his chances of dislodging either player, and that a regular first-team place would be his preferred option at this stage of his career.
Richards would start at right back.

·
Registered
854 Posts
just when you think it can't get any worse. wat a shocking rumour. We have Rio and Vidic, Dunne is too good to sit on the bench and he will not move to his big rivals.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I thought Spurs were the clear favourites to sign him?

And anyway, do you think he'd get a look in with Vida and Rio about....not forgetting John O'Shea! ;)

Good player, not United good!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yes I agree no chance.
He's been strongly linked with a move for Spurs and i feel he would settle nicely there, he could help them reach very high in the league maybe even squeeze into the Champions League!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
No chance....Dunne is one of the best defenders in the entire league.
Why would he come here and sit on the bench?
He wont.....
He should go to Spurs and get loads of 1st team football cos he deserves it
and he is class.
City's player of the year for the last FOUR seasons........class act!
Agree here mate.
He should go to Tottenaham where he has a certain Place.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
he will definitely go to spurs IMO.....the perfect team for him........
it will be a good buy for spurs too....they are lacking in good defenders and buying dunne will solve that problem although it will be short term......

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
No doubt he is a quality defender.

But hes not gonna come here to sit on the bench, and I think signing a 28-year-old as cover at centre-back is a bad idea. If we are to sign someone as cover, sign a young player who has time to get even better and who would eventually take over from Rio (as I think Rio only has 4-5 years left at Utd)

Of course, I'm not involving Richards in the discussion as, if he was to sign, he would sign as first-choice right-back and then probably move into the centre when Rio is finished at Utd (which, again, I think will be in 4-5 years ;)).

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
manutd004 said:
I've never even heard of him tbh.
Great young centre back from Sheff Wed being courted by Chelski

The few times ive seen Wednesday play he's been immense

1 - 17 of 17 Posts