Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed the club plan to offer Ryan Giggs a new contract.

The 35-year-old's current deal is due to expire at the end of the season, and the midfielder has hinted he could retire in May.

However, after continuing to impress in his 19th year at Old Trafford, Ferguson plans to extend the Welshman's stay.

The Scot said in the Sunday Mirror: "Ryan will be offered a new contract of course. He has been fantastic for us this season - he seems to be getting even better with age.

"He could win the Footballer of the Year award and it would be fitting if he did after the career he has had.

"He seems to be one of those rare people who find that age and injuries don't catch up with them."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4846922,00.html

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Rightly deserved too, he's playing an important role this season and has a great influence on the team. I actually think he's grown in confidence this season (not as a footballer but just general confidence) and is really being a leader to the lads.

What a guy!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
great news. Giggsy should retire at United no question. I was kind of usped when i heard he may go to Cardiff in the summer. He's place is at United and only United.
Giggsy 4 eva a RED DEVIL!!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
It is amazing that at 35 we are all excited for his new role in the middle. Hope he is there in the middle against Inter to boss the match around like he did against Chelsea. Congrats Giggsy, go on, son.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Superb news,great figure to have in and around the team,even if his time on the pitch dropps his contribution to the younger players is something that cannot be bought.Hopefully he can give Tosic a few tricks of the wing.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Great news and happy to hear that. Well deserved because we still need his creativity and experience in the midfield.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs, running down the wing,
Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs, running down the wing -
Feared by the blues, Loved by the reds...

Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs, Ryan Giggs...

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
absolute legend his performance against Chelsea was breath taking it was like he was one of our youngest players bombing around while at the same time he was one of our most experienced players controlling the game magnificent to watch! it says it all about him that he was playing before i was born and still playing at a high level but to be playing for the one club for nearly 20 years now that's just special! i dread the day he goes :( hope he gets a role as a coach

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Delighted. The likes of Edwin, Nev, Scholes and himself are great for the club.
Giggs will play a lesser role next season, but he can still come on and do a job.
I want to see him get as many games for United as he can and win even more trophies.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Based on another fantastic performance this guy deserves whatever he wants!! He was instrumental yet again and fits in lovely in his more central role.He was cutting through the middle like Giggsy of '99!

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
It would be fitting for him to go with a dozen title winners medals under his wing would it not ?

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
I think on the last night he should reveal he is actually Superman and fly back to the planet he came from with a red stream of smoke that spells '' I Love You All xXx''

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
Another influential performance tonight, full deserves a new contract, the longer he's around showing the other players what it means to be a pro, the better

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
haggler said:
It would be fitting for him to go with a dozen title winners medals under his wing would it not ?
thought hes a converted center midfielder ;) in all seriousness though delighted he was 9offerd a new deal cant think of a player who deserves it more he was excellent again tonight

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
After his MOTM performance against Chelsea, and now he's my MOTM today v WBA, I'd say give him whatever he wants.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts