Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just reading The Star newspaper today about United in the race to sign the Wolfsburg Striker..!

Any Bundesliga fan will probably know a lot about him..!

"The 23-year-old is seen as the perfect replacement for Tevez, who has still not signed a permanent deal at Old Trafford. His two-year loan deal expires at the end of the season and United are reluctant to pay the £32m asking price for the Argentina hot shot.
Dzeko is the top European scorer in the World Cup qualifying campaign with seven goals. He scored three times in Bosnia’s recent two matches against Belgium and in all has scored 12 goals in 17 matches for his country.
His form has also attracted interest from Arsenal, Portsmouth, Blackburn and Sunderland in the Barclays Premier League, plus Alex McLeish’s promotion-chasing Birmingham."

There's a lot of Average PL Clubs looking at him aswell..!

Link to Ribery story too:
United eye Ribery and Dzeko as Real Madrid line up £75m Ronaldo raid | Mail Online

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Thread title is a bit misleading. Ill change it up for ya!
Dont know too much about Dzeko but Wolfsburg are now top of their league which is pretty remarkable.
oh and I wouldnt believe too much of what you read in The Star ;)

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Tabloids:rolleyes:

He's a tall target man, 6 3, good in the air and defo has an eye for goal. 15 goals in league and as Shiven said has a great international record. Only seen bits of him on Setanta Bundesliga show but looks like he will have a decent future.

I reckon he will stay in Germany, be it with the Wolves or, surprise-surprise, Bayern:eek:

Ricky Sbragia had an eye on him during the qualifiers last week and had nothing but praise for him

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
heard arsenal was keeping an eye on him, definately looks promising but I dont know if he is good enough to play for us to be honest.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Easy to score hatfuls of goals when you play in the Bundesliga. The Premier League is in a league of its own. Excuse the pun.
i think your logic is flawed. Bundesliga is a very tough league, with around 10 teams fighting for CL and Uefa spots.
but anyway, you suggest we should be buying from england and spain only ?

Vidic was brought from the Russian league and look where he is now.
if you have a good eye for talents, combined with a bit of luck you can find anywhere a top player.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i think your logic is flawed. Bundesliga is a very tough league, with around 10 teams fighting for CL and Uefa spots.
but anyway, you suggest we should be buying from england and spain only ?

Vidic was brought from the Russian league and look where he is now.
if you have a good eye for talents, combined with a bit of luck you can find anywhere a top player.
Yeah there may be a lot of competition between teams but at the end of the day the Bundesliga is nowhere near as good as the Premier League, La Liga or even Serie A.

I didn't say that we should only buy from England and Spain or that you can't find top players outside those leagues. What I was actually trying to say was that although Dzeko may be a good player is he good enough for the Premier League? I don't like the way people assume that just because players like Dezko have a great strike rate in the BUNDESLIGA that they will be able to replicate that form in the PREMIER LEAGUE.

How many times have we seen top class players fail to cut it in the Premier League? *cough* Shevchenko and Dzeko is hardly a proven goalscorer at top class level. Sure he has played out of his skin in the last couple of games but lets see if he can continue that form.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Easy to score hatfuls of goals when you play in the Bundesliga. The Premier League is in a league of its own. Excuse the pun.
Really? Roque Santa Cruz couldn't score in the Bundesliga... hes done fine here though... that alone proves your theory wrong

Players in the German league are better suited to our style of football, like France its a fast attacking game... Spanish and Italian football are far different, either being too slowed or too defensive...

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Yeah there may be a lot of competition between teams but at the end of the day the Bundesliga is nowhere near as good as the Premier League, La Liga or even Serie A.

I didn't say that we should only buy from England and Spain or that you can't find top players outside those leagues. What I was actually trying to say was that although Dzeko may be a good player is he good enough for the Premier League? I don't like the way people assume that just because players like Dezko have a great strike rate in the BUNDESLIGA that they will be able to replicate that form in the PREMIER LEAGUE.

How many times have we seen top class players fail to cut it in the Premier League? *cough* Shevchenko and Dzeko is hardly a proven goalscorer at top class level. Sure he has played out of his skin in the last couple of games but lets see if he can continue that form.
you bring arguments that have no sense.

the way you pointed out shevchenko, the same i can tell you players that have cut it in PL.

so you are actually saying that Dzeko isnt good enough for PL, or you just doubt it ?
until he playes in PL, if he ever does that, lets not rush with comments like "Easy to score hatfuls of goals when you play in the Bundesliga. ". its nonsense.

im not sure about him myself to be fair, but im sure your logic is flawed.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Bundesliga ......... In every club can be find 3-4 no so expensive, good and successful players for mostly of PL squads.
Good examples are Berbatov and Martin Petrov , Rosicki ....
The first one worth any penny in Spurs,the second one was good in Atletico Madrid before joining the City.
Now we are discussing some player from one of ex-Yugoslavian republics..so he could be the next Safet Sushic......!? Who knows ? Bazdarevic,Halilhodzic were excellent players.

Other examples for good transfers ,but from small and low budget championships are Luca Modric, Vedran Corluca came from Croatia.
What can say about serbian and croatian footballers when Milan,Real were first ,,strings" in the world and also for hundreds of ex yugoslavian players worked in Spain,Germany,Italy, France.

Elano - only 8 mln transfer from Donetsk !?
He played together with Robihno in Santos and now they are together in Man city.
Who is better transfer !?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Not for one moment did I say Dzeko can't cut it in the Premier League and I didn't say that all players that play in the Bundesliga can't do well in the Premier League either.

So by saying my comments are nonsense you are telling me that the quality of defences in the Premier League is on the same level as those in the Bundesliga? Your having a laugh mate.

I never said Dzeko won't be able to deliver the goods in the Premier League. I was trying to say that you can't say that Dzeko will be a success in the Premier League just because he has a prolific goal scoring record in the Bundesliga. We see it to often with a lot of fans, not only from United..."Ohh look at his record! We must sign him".

Compared to the EPL, it is easier to score goals in Bundesliga. Defences aren't as good. Look at Bayern Munich ffs, supposedly the best team in Bundesliga and they conceeded five against Wolfsberg. The defending was absolutely shambolic. Not suprised that Dzeko managed to grab himself a brace. With defending like that its easy to see why he has got the number of goals he has.

You can keep saying my logic is flawed but until you actually read through what I have written and understand what I am trying to get at, you will keep saying the same thing.

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
like you have to be a rocket scientist to understand what you say...

so following your logic , Vidic isnt good enough because the Russian league's attacks quality is no way near the PL ones.

i hope you finally get my point cuz it aint that hard.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Do you have to be so rude and do you always take things so literally? Little point in engaging in discussions with people who don't listen to a word you say. I give up, I really do.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Not for one moment did I say Dzeko can't cut it in the Premier League and I didn't say that all players that play in the Bundesliga can't do well in the Premier League either.

So by saying my comments are nonsense you are telling me that the quality of defences in the Premier League is on the same level as those in the Bundesliga? Your having a laugh mate.

I never said Dzeko won't be able to deliver the goods in the Premier League. I was trying to say that you can't say that Dzeko will be a success in the Premier League just because he has a prolific goal scoring record in the Bundesliga. We see it to often with a lot of fans, not only from United..."Ohh look at his record! We must sign him".

Compared to the EPL, it is easier to score goals in Bundesliga. Defences aren't as good. Look at Bayern Munich ffs, supposedly the best team in Bundesliga and they conceeded five against Wolfsberg. The defending was absolutely shambolic. Not suprised that Dzeko managed to grab himself a brace. With defending like that its easy to see why he has got the number of goals he has.

You can keep saying my logic is flawed but until you actually read through what I have written and understand what I am trying to get at, you will keep saying the same thing.
So by your logic any player who plays in a smaller league can't cut it because the opposition isn't upto par? Vidic/Russia? Santa Cruz/Germany? Hell Ronaldo wasn't setting the world alight in Portugal before he came...

If you saw some of Dzeko's build up play and all round finishing, you would admit he looks like he is worth a gamble, if Robbie Keane is worth 20m (or over 50m in transfers over the years) then why not grab this kid for 10-12m?

I'm not saying he is the finished article, i'm not guaranteeing he'll do well, but he has as good a chance here as Benzema etc. would

1 - 20 of 29 Posts