Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Manchester United are set to beat Prmiership title rivals Chelsea in the chase for Spanish hotshot Fernando Torres offering a players-plus-cash deal worth around £30million.

The Glaziers wants the World Cup star to come to Old Trafford to form a partnership with Wayne Rooney in what they feel would be the best strike partnership in Europe.

Chelsea had seemed to be in the hot seat for the striker following talks with the Madrid board, having offered Shevchenko as part of a swap deal after a poor first season in the premiership but this deal looks to have collapsed after Shevchenko refused to join the Spanish club favouring a move to one of Europes elite.

Manchester United are rumoured to have offered £25million and full-back Gabriel Heinze for the striker who starred for Spain at last summers World Cup Finals in Germany.

Torres is keen to stay in Spain with Atletico Madrid, but is thought to be a keen admirer of Premiership football and could be tempted to move to United should they wrap up the Champions League and Premiership this season

http://football-forever.com/forum/showthread.php?p=370015#post370015

·
Registered
33 Posts
I dont think he leaves AM and rumours shows that he is Liverpool fan( you never walk alon in his armbag).
If he is willing to come it will be the most terifying attacks in the wold!
However i prefer Berbatov instead of him. he is a real class, adds another quality .
Nani and hargrieves a must!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
manutd_4life said:
Hear the same stories ever year but he never comes

He may go to liverpool
well i wouldn't say esactly the same story as last year SAF didn't plan on buying a striker...he said that he had smudge and saha returning from injury...this year its clear that he bringing another striker
besides i heard last year that he was monitoring the player and he was only gonna bid for him in case another big euro team made a move...
so fingers crossed....its is possible

·
Registered
16 Posts
RoyKeaneIsMagic said:
heard it all b4
I have to think along the same opinion, as this rumour has been circulating for around 2 season's now. To be honest i dont think Fergie will go all guns blazing in the summer. He already has a team of Premiership champions. Maybe the odd young gun will sign and the likes of Rossi and Foster will be back but i think united have already made their biggest signing for next season. ;) The number 7 winker.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Berbatov is a good player, but he's 26...we've seen the best of him...i'd rather get someone who's young and quick....maybe huntelaar or pazzini...or Torres..we all knw if SAF wants him, he'll get him

·
Registered
16 Posts
Umm not to sure about that Wolf as fergie wanted Ronaldinho and it didnt happen but Acording to Skysports.com Sporting Lisbon starlet Nani wants to join united in the hope that he will become the next Cristiano Ronaldo. I have looked at his stats and he looks like a good player but Sporting have said that they will only accept an offer of €20million for him. Fergie has been keeping tabs on him for a while now since he turned down an offer for Atletico Madrid and acording to the media said he would only leave sporting for a club like Manchester United.

·
Registered
414 Posts
all this speculation drivin me nuts makes the suicide temptation worth contemplating, i really dont see much wrong with the strike force we are expecting for next season.
Rooney
Smith
Saha
Rossi
Ole
Dong
save the hard earned cash

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think Athletico know he wont stay hence asking him to sign a new contract with a lower minimum release clause.

They wanna get top dollar for him and who can blame them - just depends if SAF wants to spend £28-30 mil on one player when we need 2-3.

We may have to sell a couple also but I would take him as Spurs aint a selling club and cant afford to lose a quality signing like Berbatov.

We had our chance and missed it on him sadly.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MUFC-UK...the case with Ronaldinho is different, it envolved peter kanyon leaving United to chelsea...here its a different story...and as of the fire power we have mulletsneverdie...well we lack alot..saha is injury prone, smith has never been the natural goalscorer to fill the spot at a club such as United..as for dong..well he lacks composure and experience, ole have his best years behind him...and rossi is inexperienced..that leaves us with only rooney....and missing out on big names the past 2 seasons..i think its time for fergie to splash some cash....if not for torres then for another big name signing...after all we're a team the doesn't fight on just one front...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Berbatov & Huntlaar

Wolfster said:
Berbatov is a good player, but he's 26...we've seen the best of him...i'd rather get someone who's young and quick....maybe huntelaar or pazzini...or Torres..we all knw if SAF wants him, he'll get him
I agree & disagree.. Berbatov 26 is old?!?! He has 4 years before he gets into his 30's and thats when things supposidly start to go downhill.. but players have played til their 36.

But..

I would love to see another ruud here & huntlaar fits the bill perfectly & he has speed wich ruud never had in my eyes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts