Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I think it's a bit unrealistic to think we will sign Ribery but I'm watching Sky Sports News and they are going through the papers for tomorrow (sunday) and one of the daily ones (not sure wich one) has an article on the back page up the top saying Ferguson to snatch Ribery from Barca.

Any reactions thoughts? Personally I find it unrealistic and a bit laughable but it seems he just might be an actual possible target - what do you think?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rummenigge said a few weeks that it's rubbish Ribery is leaving this summer.

Plus in another thread, a member mentioned that if Ribery were to grace the PL he would prefer a side in London.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
the article was from the news of the world mate, so basically the sun :p

ALEX FERGUSON is set to snatch French ace Franck Ribery from Barcelona's fingertips this summer.

The Spanish giants believe Manchester United have already done the deal with Bayern Munich.

And that is a clear sign that Cristiano Ronaldo will finally be on his way to Real Madrid. Barca want to build on what looks like a certain La Liga crown by capturing the Bayern Munich star. But sources at the Nou Camp are convinced Ribery is heading for Old Trafford, suggesting that United are well advanced with preparations for life without Ronaldo.

Gap

Ribery, who will be 26 on Tuesday, is understood to have just signed a £1.2m a year sponsorship deal with Nike, keeping him with them until 2014.

Both United and Barcelona are Nike-backed and the Spanish team look favourites to take the French winger from Adidas-backed Bayern in the summer.

But it is United who are in pole position, with the need to fill the gap left by a departing Ronaldo seen as the driving force.

Despite strenuous claims to the contrary from Old Trafford, Real Madrid officials are convinced that Ronaldo agreed last summer to join at the end of this season, a deal that will not be affected by a change of president at the Bernabeu.

Boasted

Former president Ramon Calderon boasted: "Thanks to me, one of the best players in the world will arrive at the end of this season.

"Last summer was not the right moment for him to come but Real Madrid has the money to get the best."

Madrid newspaper Marca quoted Ronaldo's godfather Fernao as saying in Portugal: "Real need to sign Ronaldo. The error of last year was to talk to much about it.

"This year, hardly anything is being said, so I'm sure negotiations will run much more smoothly."

as said by someone before not a rumor i mind at all but we shall see what happens i think its more on if ronaldo leaves

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
That should make a couple fanboys day dream for a while.

Ribery is leaving Bayern Munich because

WAIT FOR IT

WAIT FOR IT

He just signed a £1.2mil. sponsorship deal with Nike.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Who cares, get that petulant mug Ronaldo out, he doesn't want to be here it's plain to see, all i want to see is our star players playing well with a attitude which says i want to be at this club ... is that too much to ask for ?

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Who cares, get that petulant mug Ronaldo out, he doesn't want to be here it's plain to see, all i want to see is our star players playing well with a attitude which says i want to be at this club ... is that too much to ask for ?
The fact of the matter is that our players want to win trophies
and if they're not doing so here they'll want to do so somewhere
else. Ronaldo, and I know a lot of people are going to disagree here,
is one of the few players who doesn't want to leave due to ambition/
lack of playing time, but because he wants to be somewhere that is
more similar, culturally, to where he grew up and I think that it's to
be admired. Someone who wants to leave the European champions
to play for a less successful club in recent times demonstrates great
coherence and character.

·
23,699 Posts
I don't recall Ribery ever expressing any enthusiasm to don our colours.

The fact of the matter is that our players want to win trophies
and if they're not doing so here they'll want to do so somewhere
else. Ronaldo, and I know a lot of people are going to disagree here,
is one of the few players who doesn't want to leave due to ambition/
lack of playing time, but because he wants to be somewhere that is
more similar, culturally, to where he grew up and I think that it's to
be admired. Someone who wants to leave the European champions
to play for a less successful club in recent times demonstrates great
coherence and character.
Interesting point and something new I must say.

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts

yeah that is quite an interesting point makes you think slightly but im not to sure if that isit or what.

and as for ribery hes a classy player injury prone though i wouldnt mind seeing him in a united shirt but id much rather continue to see ronaldo in one, i think this is paper talk but only time will tell

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I don't recall Ribery ever expressing any enthusiasm to don our colours.

How is that new? We all know Ron wants to play in sunny Madrid at some point in his career.
Its inevitable but wont happen for a few years. Also, the Ribery story is not that unrealistic.
He has already suggested to German media that he will be off to pastures new in the near future.

Ribery is undoubtedly one of the best players in the world. Easily top 10 and is more consistent than
Ronaldo believe it or not. Why wouldn't he come play for United? And who said anything about Ron
leaving? You gonna believe that mug from Madrid? humph!

If United win the unprecedented quad or quint then we will easily be satisfying the needs of Mr.Ronaldo
as well as acquiring the services of whoever the **** we like aka Franck Ribery, the best left sided attacker in world football.

Have no fear cos total football will be here.

·
23,699 Posts
How is that new? We all know Ron wants to play in sunny Madrid at some point in his career.
Its inevitable but wont happen for a few years. Also, the Ribery story is not that unrealistic.
He has already suggested to German media that he will be off to pastures new in the near future.

Ribery is undoubtedly one of the best players in the world. Easily top 10 and is more consistent than
Ronaldo believe it or not. Why wouldn't he come play for United? And who said anything about Ron
leaving? You gonna believe that mug from Madrid? humph!

If United win the unprecedented quad or quint then we will easily be satisfying the needs of Mr.Ronaldo
as well as acquiring the services of whoever the **** we like aka Franck Ribery, the best left sided attacker in world football.

Have no fear cos total football will be here.
Huh? Must be the late hours when you were posting. :p

I was referring to PeeJay's "because he wants to be somewhere that is more similar, culturally, to where he grew up and I think that it's to be admired. Someone who wants to leave the European champions
to play for a less successful club in recent times demonstrates great coherence and character" as interesting and something new.

I know Ribery stated he wants to leave but in any case, if Ribery would to come to England, my bet would be on him joining Arsenal for two reasons:

1. Arsenal were already making some serious contacts before he eventually joined Bayern, if I don't remember wrongly.

2. They definitely hold an advantage over others due to their strong French presence especially in Wenger.

But surprise me please. :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ronaldo obviously doesn't want to be here. But could Ribery cut it in England? Its far more aggressive than anywhere else he has been. I'm sure Fergie will no that answer.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I don't think anyone could deny that Ribery would be a great signing for us. He has the skill, he can create, he can score, he has flair, he has fight, and most importantly big occasions bring out the best in him.

I just honestly feel that he is made to be a Manchester United player. Man I hope this is true.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts