Manchester United Talk banner

1181 - 1184 of 1184 Posts

·
Not a fan of current United first team
898 Posts
We'll have to register Jones,Zaha,Lingard next season (Tunnicliffe,Petrucci,Vermijl... as well but I don't think they'll be involved) in the "A" list next season.That will be 28 players total (Macheda,Bebe weren't counted as they won't have any future with us anyway), which means we have to get rid/send on loan at least 5 players if we want to sign 2 players in Jan and summer (6 if we want to sign 3).So IMO it would be something like:

Out: Amos,Giggs(retired),Young,Fabio,Anderson,Buttner(loan)
In: new LB(Jan),new CM(summer),young CM or winger(summer)

Don't think we'll buy Baines as Moyes want players who'll have a long-term future with us.Alex Sandro sounds like a good candidate but I suspect it will be a strange name.

For CM I guess we will sign Koke or Banega although I'd love to see us go for Gundogan (who wouldn't?).After we have settled these two positions we'll likely go for a young CM or winger (by "young" I mean born in 93 or after so we'll only have to register him in CL not PL).

If that's the case our squad for next season would be like:

GKs: De Gea,Lindegaard,Johnstone
RBs: Rafael with Smalling,Jones and Varela as back-up.
LBs: new LB with Evra as back-up and Blackett to hopefully takeover Evra by times, if not buy another LB or use Buttner as back-up in 2015-2016.
CBs: Evans-Jones first choice with Smalling competing ,Vidic,Ferdinand back-up and M.Keane to takeover Ferdinand by times.
CMs: Carrick-new CM as first choice with Cleverley,Fellani,Jones and the young CM provide back-up for both.
LW: Januzaj first choice, Zaha,Lingard and Welbeck as back-up
RW: Valencia first choice with Nani and Zaha competing.
AMs/Strikers: same as this season but throw Henriquez and Powell in the mix.

·
Big Daddy
34,250 Posts
Young has to go. Don't even necessarily need a replacement, although a winger would be nice. Just need to get rid of the option of having Young, it's detrimental.
Moyes seems to like him for some reason, so I can't see it happening - But even I'm losing patience with him, he's a shadow of what he should have been for us.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
I expect atleast two signings in Jan and better get them signed on day 1 itself to maximise the impact by giving them more time to settle down asap.

1181 - 1184 of 1184 Posts