Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Partizan Belgrade have confirmed that starlet Adem Ljajic is undergoing a trial at Manchester United.

The 17-year-old has caught the eye of a number of clubs in recent months and he shone during the recent Uefa European Under-19 Championship Qualifying round which was held in Northern Ireland.

The home side took on England, Albania and Ljajic's Serbia in their group - with all games being played over six days in Newry.

England progressed to the Elite Phase, but it was Ljajic's Serbia who shone with a perfect record, conceding just twice and scoring 12 times in their three games.

United were amongst the clubs watching in Northern Ireland and they have taken advantage of the fact that the youngster is already in Britain by getting him to Carrington for a trial spell.
Partizan agreement

Partizan confirmed they had agreed to the trial - dispelling claims that United had merely coaxed Ljajic into training with them.

"It is not true that Ljajic went to England without permission," the club's general secretary Darko Gubor told Nogomet.

"We have been in contact with Manchester United for some time now and Ljajic was with the international team in Britain at this moment so it was handy for him to go on trial now.

"We want to co-operate with Manchester United and this is only the first step.

"I repeat Ljajic went to Manchester with Partizan's permission and all I can say regarding his potential move to United is that he is still a very young player who is at the beginning of his career."

United are no strangers to scouting Partizan and were previously keen on Stevan Jovetic - who departed for Fiorentina in the summer.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4344447,00.html

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I've been trying to find out what position he plays in. One website claims he's a right-sided midfielder.

Can anyone confirm?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
United cleared of poaching claim
http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/10/16/Prem-Ljajic-United-trial-confirmed/

by Adam Marshall, 16 October 2008

Partizan Belgrade have denied that talented teenager Adem Ljajic has linked up with Manchester United against their will.

Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson has managed to secure the midfielder on trial after being tipped off on his potential by scout Budimir Vujacic.

With the 17-year-old elaborately dubbed 'The Little Kaka' in some quarters, it was surprising that United had managed to steal a march on his many suitors by acting so swiftly.

However, Partizan have insisted they did not expect him to return to Belgrade after an Under-19 international match in Northern Ireland and gave full permission to United to run the rule over the player.

"It is not true that Ljajic went to England without permission," the club's general secretary Darko Gubor told nogomet.com.

"We have been in contact with Manchester United for some time now and Ljajic was with the international team in Britain at this moment so it was handy for him to go on trial now.

"I repeat Ljajic went to Manchester with Partizan's permission and all I can say regarding his potential move to United is that he is still a very young player who is at the beginning of his career."

Ljajic, who has impressed in a right-wing role, will spend a few days with the United youth set-up after helping Serbia hammer England 4-1 in the Under-19 European Championship qualifiers in Newry on Monday night and also defeating Northern Ireland 3-1 in the competition.

- He's a right winger and dubbed the Little Kaka...... I like. Could this mean we're getting ready to say bye-bye to Ronaldo?
;)

Edit, I had to stick an emoticon there, otherwise ppl might over-react.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
RedForceRising said:
United cleared of poaching claim
http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/10/16/Prem-Ljajic-United-trial-confirmed/

by Adam Marshall, 16 October 2008

Partizan Belgrade have denied that talented teenager Adem Ljajic has linked up with Manchester United against their will.

Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson has managed to secure the midfielder on trial after being tipped off on his potential by scout Budimir Vujacic.

With the 17-year-old elaborately dubbed 'The Little Kaka' in some quarters, it was surprising that United had managed to steal a march on his many suitors by acting so swiftly.

However, Partizan have insisted they did not expect him to return to Belgrade after an Under-19 international match in Northern Ireland and gave full permission to United to run the rule over the player.

"It is not true that Ljajic went to England without permission," the club's general secretary Darko Gubor told nogomet.com.

Ljajic, who has impressed in a right-wing role, will spend a few days with the United youth set-up after helping Serbia hammer England 4-1 in the Under-19 European Championship qualifiers in Newry on Monday night and also defeating Northern Ireland 3-1 in the competition.

- He's a right winger and dubbed the Little Kaka...... I like. Could this mean we're getting ready to say bye-bye to Ronaldo?
Lets not get too ahead of ourselves. He is only 17, so i doubt his sale to us, will have any impact on Ronaldo's future with us.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
I don't see him as a direct replacement to Ronaldo, as it'd take a lot more than a trial to put forth all of our faith in someone my age. Anyone good enough to make our senior squad at 17 would just be bought directly, not offered a trial first, me thinks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I saw videos off him and he is great. I really hope we get him and then get him into our secoundry team and some times in the starting XI! I know im going to far, but this guy has got skills.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts