Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this may be a bit of a whinging grudge game from our visitors from la belle France. They have not stopped crying since the moment Giggs scored in the first leg, even though EUFA have told them to shut it and get on with the game.

I think this leg could be memorable for all the wrong reasons. What if we grab a couple of early goals, will they walk off in a huff and not play with our ball anymore?

Going to be interesting....................

Rooney will be fit, I believe Park is out, as is Fletcher but I think we can get past this hurdle in on piece.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Louis Saha is out of United's Champions League clash with Lille on Wednesday night, while Paul Scholes and Patrice Evra are both doubtful.

Saha has gone for a scan in a bid to pinpoint the problem which he suffered in training on Monday. Alan Smith should play a part in the match, most likely as a subtitute, with Wayne Rooney and Henrik Larsson up front.

There was further bad news for the Reds after Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed Darren Fletcher's ankle injury is worse than first thought. The Scottish international missed United's 1-0 at Anfield at the weekend but was expected to return within two weeks.

However, a scan has highlighted damage to the ankle ligaments and Fletcher could miss the remainder of the season.

"Darren went for a scan earlier this week," revealed Sir Alex at his pre-match press briefing. "The news wasn't good. He'll be out for two months. It's a blow for the lad."

Scholes picked up an injury against Liverpool at Anfield, while Evra got a knock in training, though he did do some light work on Monday.

The Reds are already without Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for the next three weeks following a minor operation on his knee.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This game could be a famous "banana peel" .

Hopefully the lads puts on a pro performance, aviod any further injuries (whats up with Saha, crispy legs?), and qualifies with no drama.

PS!

Well a 5-0 win would be nice as well:D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Lille will do anything to knock us out of the CL tonight. Certainly after what happened in the first match. We have to stay calm, play our best players and win this one!

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
----------------- VdS ----------------
----Neville Ferdinand Vidic Silvestre----
Ronaldo Scholes Carrick OShea Rooney
---------------Larsson-------------------------

Giggs and Heinze on the bench with Smith, Park, Richardson, Brown & Kuszczak

This is Paul Scholes 100th Champions League game.

Referee is Luis Medina Cantalejo

2 minutes to go and my feelings are - quietly confident

22 minutes gone and Lille have had the most attacks but thats to be expected, as United usually take about 25 minutes to "get going"!!!

31 minutes. Makoun booked for foul on Larsson.

Lille still giving it a go with 6 to 3 on shots.

36 minutes. Chalme booked for bad foul.

42 minutes. Ronaldo booked.

HT and the game is three quarters over. so far so good. Exciting first half wasn't it?

Second Half. Debuchy comes on for Bastos.

48 minute: Odemwingie hit the post!

50 minute: Tafforeau booked for bad foul. Thats three of them have now got to watch it or they're off!

51 minute: Vidic heads high and wide

62 minute: Plestan booked for bad foul.

63 minute: Vidic header, missed!

65 minute. Obraniak shot saved.

71 minute: games restarts following an injury to John "Scousebuster" O'Shea

72 minute: AT LAST A GOAL!!!! Larsson assisted by Ronaldo! Cross following a fast break

75 minute: Larsson subbed by Alan Smith

77 minute: Narrow miss by Keita

82 minute: Rooney off, Park on

83 minute: Richardson on, Ronaldo off

86 minute: Richardson booked

89 minute: Smith, shot, saved

90+1: Silvestre injured

·
Registered
10 Posts
We`re through to the next round, gooners ain`t

The teams that are qualified;

Liverpool
Chelsea
Man Utd
PSV Eindhoven
Milan
Bayern Munich
Roma
Valencia

The plot tickens..

Looking forward for the draw on friday

·
Registered
58 Posts
O'shea .. did the job he was put in the team to do .. only thing he did wrong was misplace the header should have scored really but still hes my motm

·
Registered
21 Posts
What a terrible game, both teams where to slow and didnt really get started. Lille never really looked like scoring, all the attempts where from outside the area which United where happy enough for them to do. But lucky enough United got the goal and Lille didnt really have a chance after that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.