Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats happened to it?

We're seemingly conceding way more frees and bookings then usual this season.
Silly little fouls, and then some pure stupid ones, along with the odd crap ref
decision.

31 yellows and 2 reds to our name so far this season. Quite a haul and thats only
the prem.

Its even off the pitch too...Fergie getting into stupid little FA hearings for saying
something that he knows himself was wrong.

It may not have a direct effect on the game, but bookings all add up to
suspensions...and then we feel the effects.

Anyone slightly worried/annoyed/angered by our rather off par disciplinary record
so far this season.

I know its sort of nit-picking, and we're still winning and that, which is the main
thing of course, but just felt that it should be brought up.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Its not an issue really. You are only bringing this up cos your best mate Ronaldo
got sent off :rolleyes: The sending off was harsh today and the yellow for rafael
was a joke. Carrick and Evra made some clever fouls which earned them yellows,
but they were taking one for the team there. You get booked for picking your
nose these days :rolleyes:, so I wouldnt read to much into our discipline.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Still...now we're having a ban on at least two players. This could cost us points. At this stage of the season we might not notice it as much as if it was in the close run in as last season. So even if maybe this thread is a salut to the red card Ronaldo I think Keano! got a point with it.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jazz 16 said:
Its not an issue really. You are only bringing this up cos your best mate Ronaldogot sent off :rolleyes: The sending off was harsh today and the yellow for rafael
was a joke. Carrick and Evra made some clever fouls which earned them yellows,
but they were taking one for the team there. You get booked for picking your
nose these days :rolleyes:, so I wouldnt read to much into our discipline.

Actually........ I was going to start this after the Villa game...decided not to. Believe me,
if I wanted to have a dig at Ronaldo for being sent off, I would.

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
I think its fair to say that this season a lot more gets given against us, and it's not like we're a dirty team all of a sudden. Rafael's booking was a joke, and I think ronaldos first yellow was a little harsh. I'm certain that his reason for the handball was actually what he though, but that doesn't excuse it from being a yellow card offence.
Also anybody know why evra's ban isn't until the spurs game and which game ronaldo is banned for?

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Evra's only flaw that he seems to gain many cards while hes one of the most important players in our team

remember last season when he got 5 reds and missed Tottenham's clash and we got a draw at that mach we missed a pacy player to catch Lennon and to bump up forward

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
abojodeh said:
Evra's only flaw that he seems to gain many cards while hes one of the most important players in our team

remember last season when he got 5 reds and missed Tottenham's clash and we got a draw at that mach we missed a pacy player to catch Lennon and to bump up forward
5 yellows abo ;)

·
Registered
590 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about our dicipline. Today I think some of the bookings were completely uncalled for, Ronaldo's 1st and Rafaels, whereas Carrick's and Evra's were more like what you would call 'professional' fouls.

John Terry could have easily been sent off for Chelsea today as could Ivanovic who should really have had about 3 yellow cards :rolleyes:

We're not out to win the fair play league and as long as we're not averaging picking up more than 3 bookings in a match then I wouldn't be overly concerned.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
jd_united said:
I wouldn't worry too much about our dicipline. Today I think some of the bookings were completely uncalled for, Ronaldo's 1st and Rafaels, whereas Carrick's and Evra's were more like what you would call 'professional' fouls.

John Terry could have easily been sent off for Chelsea today as could Ivanovic who should really have had about 3 yellow cards :rolleyes:

We're not out to win the fair play league and as long as we're not averaging picking up more than 3 bookings in a match then I wouldn't be overly concerned.
its not about winning the fair play trophy..its about keeping players away from match ban's.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,077 Posts
Its derby day,its nothing to do with lack of disicpline,its about passion and the fight to win each and every ball.The ref was a bit trigger happy which made it seem worse,how may Scum v Everton derbys have finished 11 a side? Not many i imagine

1 - 11 of 11 Posts