Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
" united doesent play its best footbal" , " we are using the 3rd gear " ...are just a few of the things ive heard throughout the season.

many people think this way. if its like this...whats stoping us in using the other gears ?
if we are top of the league, and we have the possibility to win 5 trophies using 3rd gear , where would we be with 4th and 5th gear on ?
can we really improve that much ?

probably many of you will say " hunger " is all we need. but even with hunger, our team has the possibility to improve that much ? ( from 3rd gear to 5th gear its an enormous difference )

so what do you think ?

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Its not a question of hunger or passion or what-not.

Every team has a bad day, unfortunately for us, it was twice against Liverpool. We aren't not "using the other gears" otherwise we wouldn't be where we are in terms of the season.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Its not a question of hunger or passion or what-not.

Every team has a bad day, unfortunately for us, it was twice against Liverpool. We aren't not "using the other gears" otherwise we wouldn't be where we are in terms of the season.

I think it is really...

2 seasons and soon to be 3 we will have a nice big shiny trophy in our hands with a great title and all that...theres 2 maybe 3 other teams capable of winning this league and each season they don't win the league, their hunger rises to win it the season after.

This may sound stupid, but I'd rather we lost the title and go back to that season 2 years ago with "MOURINHO, ARE YOU LISTENING? ...." The atmosphere was great that season, everyone was so up for winning the league. It was a dead set goal then and the feeling when we did win it was fantastic!!

Be honest, how many times have United stunned us in the league this season?

WBA - Home/Away
Chelsea - Home

....I can't really think of more games where we really blew the opposition out of the water. We're grinding out the results and when we come up a top team when grinding out the results, then they'll punnish us.

Having said all that.....I fancy us to win it this season...

·
11,978 Posts
Thats exactly what I am saying. Its not necessarily the Liverpool game where we haven't gone into "4th or 5th gear".

Its difficult to define exactly what 4th or the 5th gear is. My opinion is that we have been playing at the very top level of performance over the last 10 games where we won 9 in a row, bar the Liverpool game today. Perhaps games like Inter where we won in spite of having an edgy game is one where we were in "3rd or 4th gear".

The point is that we have been in peak performance through most of the season and in my opinion there is not a gear higher in some of the performances we have produced, eg: Chelsea at home

·
11,978 Posts
I think it is really...

2 seasons and soon to be 3 we will have a nice big shiny trophy in our hands with a great title and all that...theres 2 maybe 3 other teams capable of winning this league and each season they don't win the league, their hunger rises to win it the season after.

This may sound stupid, but I'd rather we lost the title and go back to that season 2 years ago with "MOURINHO, ARE YOU LISTENING? ...." The atmosphere was great that season, everyone was so up for winning the league. It was a dead set goal then and the feeling when we did win it was fantastic!!

Be honest, how many times have United stunned us in the league this season?

WBA - Home/Away
Chelsea - Home

....I can't really think of more games where we really blew the opposition out of the water. We're grinding out the results and when we come up a top team when grinding out the results, then they'll punnish us.

Having said all that.....I fancy us to win it this season...

Pardon me for sounding wrong, but I meant that its not that we lack hunger or passion.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Well based on today and our recent matches we have been playing abit cautious and not really going at our opponents quick enough

today although it seemed we had possession most of the time, we never looked like we could create a chance, Liverpool on the other hand, when they did get the ball, they always made lots of space and looked determined to get a goal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts