Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KEEPER Tomasz Kuszczak will be offered a two-year extension on his contract by Manchester United to keep him at Old Trafford until 2012.

Kuszczak played second fiddle to Dutch ace Edwin van der Sar as United collected a league and Champions League double this season.
But he proved a capable stand-in and never rocked the boat when left on the bench which impressed Alex Ferguson.
And while Ben Foster is still seen as the heir to Van der Sar, Kuszczak will be asked to make it a two horse race for the keeper's jersey when the Dutchman quits.

Link

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
when is Fergie gonna' realise that keeper is no good...:(...he is a dida similar player he makes a lot of errors:(..some of them realy stupid...if he doesn't want Foster...than buy another goalkeeper after Edwin retires...we can't rely on Tomasz

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
it is badly when the talented player sits on a bench but it is good when this player can is equivalent to notice the basic player..

good news.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
hm...am i the only one on this forum..that doesn't trust Tomasz...and think that foster is a much better solution?...we have Edwin but...after he's done...we'll have big goalkeeping problems..again..:(

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
hm...am i the only one on this forum..that doesn't trust Tomasz...and think that foster is a much better solution?...we have Edwin but...after he's done...we'll have big goalkeeping problems..again..:(
You got a point about being in goalie problems coz none of the back ups we got are the next Peter the Great or van der Tsar. But Tomasz have proven himself being good enough to handle the pressure.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Wazza1989 said:
when is Fergie gonna' realise that keeper is no good...:(...he is a dida similar player he makes a lot of errors:(..some of them realy stupid...if he doesn't want Foster...than buy another goalkeeper after Edwin retires...we can't rely on Tomasz
He's only done one mistake by getting beat at his near post, but I'm sure every keeper has, I like Kuszczak, he's a very talented goalkeeper, do you remember his fantastic save for West Brom and the flying save he did this season when he tipped it over the crossbar? As a keeper myself, I think he's a great keeper, people remember keepers mostly for their mistakes, but we've got to remember that they are only human as we all are. Just because they get paid all that money doesn't turn them into super human footballers.
I was a fan of Fabien Barthez, he's done alot of fantastic saves for us but he's always remembered for his blunders at Arsenal.

I think Foster and Kuszczak will be at United for a long time to come but I really think Foster should go out on loan next season to gain more fitness and experience, but if both of our keepers are injured we should bring Ben back as an emergency replacement.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts