Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking there, after another impressive showing from Uruguay at The Confederations Cup on the back of winning The Copa América 2011 and finishing 4th at the last World Cup in 2010, do Uruguay get the credit they deserve?

I mean, this is a tiny nation. Under 4 million people live there, yet they are producing world class talents such as Cavani, Suaréz and Forlàn. Plus, they're actually competing and winning at major international tournaments. Their U20 team just knocked Spain out of The U20 World Cup as well, so their future looks to be in good shape. Let's not forgot, they've actually won two World Cups as well. Incredible really.

They're an organised outfit with a nice mixture of flair and work ethic. I think they'll be close to winning The World Cup in Brazil. Possibly another 4th place finish. I just thought I'd make the thread.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,919 Posts
not that much bigger than Wales.....

:cry:

I love Forlan, I really rate Cavani, and the racist is a class player too - hopefully Varela comes good for us as well, some exciting reports about him already

1 - 9 of 9 Posts