Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
US investors reveal Toon approach
http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3781050,00.html

American investors InterMedia Partners claim they were approached about a possible takeover of Newcastle - but had "no interest" in the club.

The club on Friday described claims owner Mike Ashley had met with the New York-based private equity firm as "absolute nonsense".

Now InterMedia have confirmed they were contacted by an unnamed party with regard to a buyout but had no interest in taking the discussion further.

A spokesman told BBC Sport: "InterMedia was approached about a deal, made no offer and has no interest."

Ashley completed a £134.4million takeover of Newcastle last summer and has since invested £100million in paying off debts and strengthening the squad.

- Well, you can tell me what you like, but at no point were any of the rumours about the Glazers wanting to sell Man Utd ever confirmed by the other party.

In this case the prospective suitors were approchaed, but had no interest.
Maybe Mike Ashley is already bored with his toy or has finally realized he had little idea of what he was getting himself in to.

The article does not say, if they were approached by the club, but I would assume that such an approach will at least have originated from within St James Park.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Yeah.

I heard they were in discussions with a New York company, and that Ashley was asking for £480m - around £280m MORE than what he paid.

You can't tell me the value of Newcastle has risen that amount in the year hes owned them.

Of course, whether thats true or not I don't know.

Anyway, if its true, it would be good for Newcastle if he left tbh. He doesn't really look like hes that good a chairman, and, if the Americans are decent, that would really be better for Newcastle.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
manutd004 said:
Yeah.

I heard they were in discussions with a New York company, and that Ashley was asking for £480m - around £280m MORE than what he paid.

You can't tell me the value of Newcastle has risen that amount in the year hes owned them.

Of course, whether thats true or not I don't know.

Anyway, if its true, it would be good for Newcastle if he left tbh. He doesn't really look like hes that good a chairman, and, if the Americans are decent, that would really be better for Newcastle.
Mike Ashley hasn't done anything for Newcastle United. I view the Kevin Keegan appointment as a regression and an ill-fated decision.

At the start of 07/08 I had Newcastle down for an UEFA Cup spot, but Big Sam couldn;t get the most out of the players. I have to say that a lot of people have struggled to get the most out of the players.

Besides a handful of players Newcastle, just don't have quality players or should I say, they have quality players who look past it/have been under-performing or they are young and still need developing.

They need a manager to get the most out of the players and develop a system, which they can actually stop conceding goals with.

Given, Taylor, N'Zogbia, Martins, Owen, Viduka, Butt, Duff, Enrique, Milner, Geremi aren't bad players, but they are crying out for a midfield general (with all respect to Butt he isn't one).

I think they need to reinforce their 'spine'. A strong central defender to partner Taylor and a very good central midfielder to glue everything together and distribute theball and we could be seeing a different Newcastle next season, IF the players start turning up and start performing consistently.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Why cant Ashley stcik it out? Thought he was a fan ffs?

Anyway I read this which is pretty damn scary:
A wealthy construction company run by the family of terrorist Osama bin Laden has emerged as a front-runner to buy Newcastle United. (Mail on Sunday)
:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Why cant Ashley stcik it out? Thought he was a fan ffs?

A wealthy construction company run by the family of terrorist Osama bin Laden has emerged as a front-runner to buy Newcastle United. (Mail on Sunday)
If that's true then that's fine. Don't judge his family based on what Osama bin Laden has done with his life. They often appear on various documentaries about the conflict in the middle east. They are all ashamed of Osama and have shunned him completely.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I read that too and couldn't believe it :eek:

I wonder what the Geordies think :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts