Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's an article going around that quoted Usain Bolt as saying he will try out with Manchester United at the end of next season, he said he's a left footer and prefers to play on the left wing, he also mentions he was a footballer in his younger days and could've pursued a career if not for the advice from his coaches to become a runner.

The lads seriously quick I don't know how any team would be able to defend route 1 football with Bolt on your team, through ball from the back and he'll most definatelly get there first before the centre backs and the goalkeeper, What do you reckon?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
There's an article going around that quoted Usain Bolt as saying he will try out with Manchester United at the end of next season, he said he's a left footer and prefers to play on the left wing, he also mentions he was a footballer in his younger days and could've pursued a career if not for the advice from his coaches to become a runner.

The lads seriously quick I don't know how any team would be able to defend route 1 football with Bolt on your team, through ball from the back and he'll most definatelly get there first before the centre backs and the goalkeeper, What do you reckon?
.........:rofl:

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
If you really want to know, the title of your thread is enough to make me laugh :rofl:

if things were that simple :rolleyes:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Ussain Bolt will apparently work on sprinting with one or two members of the team but nothing more than that. And i don't even know how true that is lol

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
about time we found someone to replace ronnie so we can ship him off to madrid. who need 40 yard wonder goals when we got a man that has never played professional football but can run faster than a car.

suppose would be funny to see tho. i say play him in a pre season friendly for a laugh

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
how bout Lebron James as centre forward? 7ft tall, 23years old, 250 pounds of pure muscle and athleticism
I don`t think you are suggesting sensible players, just by being athletic does not give you a pass that entitles you to play at any sport. We`re talking about professional football here, not bowling.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
i truly feel he would be unbeatable with high through balls behind the centre backs, hes very tall aswell
i agree. if we sell all our players that are the current club world champions and replace them with the sprinters for 2012 we will be the greatest Football team to ever walk the land

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Usain Bolt was training with Real Madrid ... though it was for running I think..

I think we have a pretty quick team already, can't see how Usain Bolt is going to "answer all our problems"! :p

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
LOL I'd actually back this it'd be amazing having Bolt hammering himself down the wing :L

And yeah he was training with Madrid on their speed I think.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
phil taylor is great at playing darts...therefore as he uses his hands and has to walk back and forth a lot he should be our new goalkeeper

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
:rofl:
I'm Quick and have a good left foot, i've been playing football at a good level now for a few years..
So does that mean i've a chance too to play for United too?!:cool:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts