Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
strange this is on some weirdo blog (whatever they are) and not in any of the papers - I do not believe it.

It has actually just appeared in the BBC gossip columns

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Just found this in Sky Sports:

Holland international ace Klaas-Jan Huntelaar would jump at the chance of completing a £16million move to Manchester United this summer. Sir Alex Ferguson has turned his sights on the Ajax ace after conceding defeat in the chase for Dimitar Berbatov. The Daily Mail also suggests Ferguson is keen on Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano.

and this:

Owen to miss out - Daily Mail

Michael Owen could be the big lose at Newcastle with a £40,000-a-week pay cut as owner Mike Ashley struck a fragile truce with manager Kevin Keegan on Friday. Could Owen's St James' Park day be numbered?

Sky gossip: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12193_2920077,00.html

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
michael owen ? good or bad guys ?

United aim to land Toon striker for £7million
FERGIE LAUNCHES OWEN BID
By ANDY DUNN and DAVID HARRISON

MANCHESTER UNITED have taken the first steps in a sensational move to sign Michael Owen.

Informal contact has been made between United and Owen's representatives over a summer transfer.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes he can snap up the England striker for a cut-price £7million and is pushing for a speedy conclusion to the deal.

Sir Alex will go on and on, says Dalglish: Click here for full story

Fergie: It's unthinkable we won't win a trophy: Click here for full story

The United boss is convinced Owen can provide the missing ingredient to his strike force – a penalty box predator who can convert half chances.

Fergie confirmed this week that an Owen-type striker was high on his list of summer targets.

Louis Saha looks certain to be unloaded and Sir Alex said: "We will buy. Along with Carlos Tevez and Wayne Rooney, we may need experience in one forward position, somebody to take over from Ryan Giggs eventually."

Owen's recent goal-scoring form has convinced Fergie he can still cut it at the highest level. However, he would probably want to sign the striker on an incentive-based contract, dependent on games and goals.

Immediate
United's interest comes at a time when Owen's future at Newcastle has been thrown into serious doubt.

Talks have yet to begin on a new contract and the indications are that he will be expected to take a £40,000-a-week cut on his £120,000-a-week earnings.

That will be rejected by Owen and he will either press for an immediate move or see out the last year of his deal and go for free in 2009.

Meanwhile, Fergie will pick up a £500,000 bonus if he leads United to the double and nd his weekly wages will rise from £70,000 to £90,000.

on recent form you'd say it wouldnt be a bad buy but i dont think we need another small striker ? what do you think guys ?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i think this will be a good buy at 7m, because if we do get him cheap we can still affor berba or huntelaar, that way we will have four top draw strikers and would make us a very potent threat and take the pressure off ronaldo a bit. providing we get rid of saha though, the thought of getting owen and berba or hunter for 30m will be very good business :) what does anyone think ?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i wouldn't be jumping over the moon with owen but when he is fit there can be no denying that he one of the best strikers in the world.
at 7m if that is the price utd must gamble on him he could be a diamond especially if berbatov is going elsewhere as the press are reporting.

·
Registered
566 Posts
i'll prefer huntelaar. got a feeling that owen's no longer the player he once was and besides, he excels in a position too similar to rooney and tevez surely we don't need another striker there do we?

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Everybody who still thinks Owen is good has not watched him recently

....and I actually I wanted to use much stronger language.

The guy is SLOW. He makes turtles look fast.

He was absolutely horrible against Chelseaand wasted several clear cut opportunities. The commentator was kind and said he looks to be half a yard of the pace, but the truth is that he was a good yard and a half off the pace.

Not speed, no confidence, no improvement in his positioning ( now that he does;t have the speed he needs to work out how else he can get to where the ball is going to be), doesn't add ANYTHING to what we already have AND he is injury prone.

Michael Owen would be an absolute rubbish signing!

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
Owen may cost us £7m but what wages and conditions will he be damanding??? No, he is not worth it.

Take Kewell, the giant flop at Anfailed - he has actually COST LFC £157k per game

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
RedForceRising said:
....and I actually I wanted to use much stronger language.

The guy is SLOW. He makes turtles look fast.

He was absolutely horrible against Chelseaand wasted several clear cut opportunities. The commentator was kind and said he looks to be half a yard of the pace, but the truth is that he was a good yard and a half off the pace.

Not speed, no confidence, no improvement in his positioning ( now that he does;t have the speed he needs to work out how else he can get to where the ball is going to be), doesn't add ANYTHING to what we already have AND he is injury prone.

Michael Owen would be an absolute rubbish signing!
Owen slow? I think your forgetting he was returning from injury

Owen is anything BUT slow, yes he isnt as fast as he used to be, but he can still move with the best of them...

Don't completely bash a guy from 1 off day against Chelscum

1 - 20 of 23 Posts