Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Prefer Huntellar over him.Huntellar is an ice cold killer in front of goal and is considered the best finisher by many repected footballers in the world.Owen,what could i say,he not himself.Probbably next season when he recovers,we'll see the killer instinct come back again.

·
23,699 Posts
Keegan laughs off Owen move to Old Trafford

Source: The Shields Gazette

KEVIN Keegan has laughed off speculation Michael Owen is destined for a summer move to Old Trafford.

Owen – who struck his 13th goal of the season in yesterday's 3-1 defeat by Everton at Goodison Park – was linked with a switch to Manchester United on the morning of the game.

The striker has just a year left on his Newcastle United contract, and it is understood he will be offered a new deal, but on vastly-reduced terms.

And Owen – signed for £16m in 2005 – could well decide to run the final year of his contract down before leaving St James's Park on a free transfer in 12 months' time.

As for the link with Sir Alex Ferguson's newly-crowned Premier League champions, Keegan quipped: "Don't believe all that you have read!"

Owen's goal came from the spot after Joseph Yobo brought down Charles N'Zogbia seconds after the break.

It means the 27-year-old has scored on four successive visits to Goodison Park, a feat last achieved by Preston North End's Sir Tom Finney in the 1950s.

Phew, what a relief!!!! :D :D :)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Considering Sir Alex said before yesterdays game theres nothing in it and hes definitely not coming to Old Trafford, I think this thread is a waste of time.

For the same amount of money (£7m,) why not take a risk on Fabiano, who is not injury prone :rolleyes:

Imo, Owen's best days are behind him and he wouldn't be a great signing. If we were to move for an English striker, I would rather have Defoe than Owen.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts