Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the sun news paper and they have been wrong about 5 times this WEEK so dont get hopes up just yet but heres the story anyway

MANCHESTER UNITED have agreed a £32million British record fee to buy Carlos Tevez.

Tevez, 24, has been on loan at Old Trafford since last August and the option was due to end next summer.

Now the English and European champions have thrashed out a compromise which will make him their asset.

The Argentina striker belongs to sports investment firm MSI, who will receive the huge cash windfall.

Last night's move is another twist in the bizarre transfer saga surrounding the player.

West Ham were fined a record £5.5m last year for breaching Premier League rules on a third party having influence over a club.

The Hammers took Tevez on loan but failed to disclose that his contract allowed MSI to sell the player to another club.

The transfer will dwarf the £30.6m Chelsea paid AC Milan for Andriy Shevchenko 26 months ago.

The record fee between two British clubs is still the £29.1m United paid Leeds for Rio Ferdinand in July 2002, while the world record remains Zinedine Zidane's £46m switch from Juventus to Real Madrid in July 2001.

It is uncertain whether United will have to fork out the cash immediately or wait until next summer as planned.

Managing director David Gill said in South Africa earlier this week that discussions with MSI were ongoing. But matters have moved forward faster than expected.

Tevez helped United to Double glory last season with some tireless displays and crucial goals. He scored 19 times in a total of 48 appearances.

United, though, will be shocked to hear Tevez aims to quit football in four years.

He said: “Various times I've told myself I want to retire at 28. I still have this perfect idea in my mind of going out young and on a high.â€

TOP FIVE BRITISH DEALS: July 2008, Carlos Tevez, £32million, MSI / Manchester Utd; May 2006, Andrei Shevchenko, £30.6m, AC Milan to Chelsea; July 2002, Rio Ferdinand, £29.1m, Leeds to Manchester Utd; July 2001, Juan Veron, £28m, Lazio to Manchester Utd; August 2004, Wayne Rooney, £27m, Everton to Manchester Utd.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
The 32M probably includes the 5M per season that we spent, I can't see Fergie spending 32M on Tevez.

Still, 15M cash is a brilliant deal, hopefully we end up paying the rest because that would mean we have won trophies.

S

·
0 Posts
Nothing on Sky Sports News or BBC sports news
on TV or online, nothing on any reliable sports news
services.

My guess is it's the usual sun " lets create a story for
Saturday bullcrap" .

·
23,699 Posts
Well, the word "exclusive" was inserted so let's hope it is not exclusively wrong...

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport...eal-Argentina-star-Old-Trafford.html?ITO=1490

EXCLUSIVE: Tevez becomes £32m man as Fergie agrees record deal to keep Argentina star at Old Trafford

Manchester United have defied the credit crunch crippling the nation by agreeing a British record £32million fee for striker Carlos Tevez.

Sportsmail can reveal that the Barclays Premier League champions have reached a deal with Tevez's owners MSI that will turn his current Old Trafford loan deal into a permanent move within the next couple of months.

The incredible valuation shows that, even in the current harsh economic climate, English football continues to thrive at the very top level and it will eclipse the £30m paid by Chelsea to AC Milan for striker Andriy Shevchenko two summers ago.

Tevez has been on loan at Old Trafford for 12 months and has been solely owned by Iranian businessman Kia Joorabchian's MSI company since they paid £2m to buy him out of a similar - and complicated - deal with West Ham last summer.

United always knew that they would have to dig deep if they wanted to make Tevez's switch permanent but manager Sir Alex Ferguson has been so impressed with the 24-year-old's contribution during the club's double-winning season that he has implored chief executive David Gill to move swiftly.

The club will now have to sort out a permanent contract with Tevez himself - in all likelihood for five years - before the transfer can be completed.

Just this week in South Africa, Gill said: 'We have spoken to Carlos and see him as part of our long-term squad. We have been pleased with his first season. He is a good age, a great player and well liked within the team.

'We know what we have to do and what we have to pay. The only issue is that we would have to sort out a longterm contract for him. But it's not a problem. We can do it in September, October, November or December.

'Sir Alex has explained it to him and he is very comfortable with it.' Tevez scored 14 goals for United last season and has quickly become a favourite with United fans who are impressed not only with his abilities but also his work-rate.

The Argentina international will be offered an £80,000-a-week deal by United and has already indicated that he wants to stay.

Tevez has been owned by MSI since Joorabchian bought him from Boca Juniors for £12m in 2004 and took him to Corinthians in Brazil. From there, he went on loan to West Ham in 2006.

The £32m fee will not be paid up front by United. In reality, a sum of about £15m will be paid, with the rest following on in relation to Tevez's appearances and achievements. United's current record fee is the £29m paid to Leeds for defender Rio Ferdinand in 2002

Now Guardian joins in with the report too....

United smash British transfer record to keep £32m

Carlos Tevez is to make his loan move to Manchester United a permanent deal.

Manchester United have agreed in principle to pay a British record £32m to complete the permanent signing of Carlos Tevez. The Argentinian forward is currently halfway through a two-year loan agreement at Old Trafford having left West Ham last August to sign for United. As part of the original transfer deal United had agreed to sign the 24-year-old permanently in the summer of 2009.

However, after an impressive first season at the club, which saw Tevez score 19 goals in 39 appearances as United won the Premier League and European Cup, the club have now struck an agreement with Media Sports Investment, the company that owns the player's registration, to secure his services on a full-time basis.

United's chief executive, David Gill, said this week that completing a permanent deal for Tevez was a priority for the manager, Sir Alex Ferguson. "We have spoken to Carlos Tevez and see him as part of our long-term squad. We have been pleased with his first season. He is a good age, a great player and well liked within the team. We know what we have to do and what we have to pay next summer."

By paying £32m to complete a deal for Tevez, 24, United will outstrip the £30m paid by Chelsea for the Ukrainian forward Andriy Shevchenko two years ago, meaning United have completed three of the top six deals involving British clubs, taking into account the purchases of Rio Ferdinand and Juan Sebastián Verón.

Tevez joined United after an agreement was struck between the player's former club and his management company MSI, that saw the London club receive £2m in compensation following a protracted and messy row about the player's ownership. When the dispute was finally settled, United agreed to pay MSI around £10m for a two-year loan deal with the option to buy. It is unclear how much of that amount will be soaked up in the £32m fee.

In light of the uncertainty over Cristiano Ronaldo's long-term future at Old Trafford, his presence, along with that of Wayne Rooney, is considered key if the club are to build on their recent successes.

S

·
0 Posts
Simple....Notice non has quoted the source of their information.
Just old quotes of good things said about Tevez.
;)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
None of these articles have any quotes and seem to mention David Gill who did mention exactly what they said he did in an interview. That getting Carlos signed up permanently was a priority, but that he would only turn his atention to it after the smmer since he is our player anyway.

The figures of 32m or 35m were first reported last summer and it's just to sell papers.
BTW, i just saw a documentary on how most news papers are dying.
Less and less ppl subscribe to papers, due to the internet and they are under great pressure to sell.

So they have to come up with a lot of sensational stories.

35m includes 6m to loan him for the first 2 season and his 4.5m annual salary.
I know cos I was following the story so keenly and one single ebsite decided to report his transfer fee including his wages, which is totaly ridiculous.

4.5m x 5= 22.5m for a five year contract, so it means that the actual fee for Carlos Tevez is at most 12.5m pounds.

That's a steal! Bring it on!

·
Registered
736 Posts
dont care about the price........as long as tevez is a united..........................
he shooting power.....wooooooooooooooohooooooooooohhhho...........like it....what a goal against west ham last season.................wonderful payer............he not something like ruud because ruud score almost of his goal in the penalty box area.......but tevez wow......he can do it anywhere....penalty box.....a header......shooting.............bicycle kick........side kick.....look at his compilation in youtube.com........

piazza said:
Nothing in the sun is reliable.
the sun reveal

United land Tevez in record deal

MANCHESTER UNITED have agreed a £32million British record fee to buy Carlos Tevez.

Tevez, 24, has been on loan at Old Trafford since last August and the option was due to end next summer.

Now the English and European champions have thrashed out a compromise which will make him their asset.

The Argentina striker belongs to sports investment firm MSI, who will receive the huge cash windfall.

Last night's move is another twist in the bizarre transfer saga surrounding the player.

West Ham were fined a record £5.5m last year for breaching Premier League rules on a third party having influence over a club.

The Hammers took Tevez on loan but failed to disclose that his contract allowed MSI to sell the player to another club.

The transfer will dwarf the £30.6m Chelsea paid AC Milan for Andriy Shevchenko 26 months ago.

The record fee between two British clubs is still the £29.1m United paid Leeds for Rio Ferdinand in July 2002, while the world record remains Zinedine Zidane's £46m switch from Juventus to Real Madrid in July 2001.

It is uncertain whether United will have to fork out the cash immediately or wait until next summer as planned.

Managing director David Gill said in South Africa earlier this week that discussions with MSI were ongoing. But matters have moved forward faster than expected.

Tevez helped United to Double glory last season with some tireless displays and crucial goals. He scored 19 times in a total of 48 appearances.

United, though, will be shocked to hear Tevez aims to quit football in four years.

He said: “Various times I've told myself I want to retire at 28. I still have this perfect idea in my mind of going out young and on a high.â€

TOP FIVE BRITISH DEALS: July 2008, Carlos Tevez, £32million, MSI / Manchester Utd; May 2006, Andrei Shevchenko, £30.6m, AC Milan to Chelsea; July 2002, Rio Ferdinand, £29.1m, Leeds to Manchester Utd; July 2001, Juan Veron, £28m, Lazio to Manchester Utd; August 2004, Wayne Rooney, £27m, Everton to Manchester Utd.

piazza said:
the sun reveal

United land Tevez in record deal

TOP FIVE BRITISH DEALS: July 2008, Carlos Tevez, £32million, MSI / Manchester Utd; May 2006, Andrei Shevchenko, £30.6m, AC Milan to Chelsea; July 2002, Rio Ferdinand, £29.1m, Leeds to Manchester Utd; July 2001, Juan Veron, £28m, Lazio to Manchester Utd; August 2004, Wayne Rooney, £27m, Everton to Manchester Utd. -thesun

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
well..this was the prince in the first place when we got him.....so...i didn't expect anything else...tevez is ours and this thing was innevitable..sooner or later

·
Registered
736 Posts
piazza said:
i think you might be wrong.............perhaps you are wrong.......

Newspaper

GUARDIAN

# Manchester United have agreed in principle to a British record £32m deal for Carlos Tevez.

#

THE SUN

# Manchester United have agreed a £32m fee to buy Carlos Tevez.

#

DAILY MIRROR

# Manchester United have agreed a £32m deal for Carlos Tevez.

#

DAILY MAIL

# Manchester United have agreed a £32m deal for Carlos Tevez.

all from sportinglife.com

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Manchester United are reported to be ready to make Carlos Tevez a permanent signing at Old Trafford.

The Premier League champions and UEFA Champions League winners are believed to be close to agreeing a deal with Tevez's owners, sports investment firm MSI.

Tevez is currently with the Red Devils on a two-year loan deal, with United said to be willing to spend £32million to secure his long-term services.
Long-term contract

United chief executive David Gill earlier this week admitted: "We have spoken to Carlos and see him as part of our long-term squad.

"We have been pleased with his first season. He is a good age - a great player and well liked within the team.

"We know what we have to do and what we have to pay. The only issue is that we would have to sort out a long-term contract for him.

"But it's not a problem - we can do it in September, October, November or December."

Without a new contract, the 24-year-old Argentina striker would be free to talk to other clubs in January.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
there has been many articles on Tevez's intentions to retire or return to Boca. If thats the boys intentions then why dont we just agree another loan deal over 4-5 years? after all when this deal runs out he will either retire for nothing or go to Boca Juniors for free wont he, they cant afford to pay £5m for him let alone anything like 30 odd million, i would love it if he was made a permanant signing at OT but it's just a little unclear about what Carlos wants himself, like he said he would jump at the chance of signing a new deal here, but then he wants to retire at 28'? It obviously wouldnt be good business to pay out 30 odd million if we are only going to see him in a red shirt for four years ..
Still i love him and hope he ends a long glorious career with us at United :D

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
only problem i can see is that we have paid £8 million per year for his services as he has said he wants to retire when he is 28.

if he wants to leave before then we wont get anything back on him cos of the statement released.

bit silly on tevez part to say that.

i for one are glad we have signed him but think £32 mill is too much and hopes he plays for united into his 30's.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Good news.but i don't trust the figure being quoted. I recall a long time back on the BBC website, that it would be a figure like £25 Million or something.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts