Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MANCHESTER UNITED were plunged into crisis last night with NINE stars set to miss the big kick-off.

Wayne Rooney and Michael Carrick are doubts with a virus.

Owen Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson, Cristiano Ronaldo and Park Ji Sung are crocked, while Louis Saha has been out since March and Gary Neville has calf problems.

Boss Alex Ferguson said: “You worry about having a team ready for the start of the season. I doubt if we’ll have Wayne fit for the start.

“It’s a virus we believe he picked up in Nigeria. It’s not a nice one. It’s such a bad virus that he’s not been training since we got back from Africa on July 28.

“The league season starts in 12 days’ time and he’s gone a long time without training.

“Carrick also had the virus but, hopefully, he’ll play some part against Portsmouth in the Community Shield on Sunday.” Rooney has been too weak to train — although he was pictured playing golf this week.

Recurring injuries to midfield men Hargreaves and Park have ruled them out for the opening fortnight at least.

Winger Nani is suspended for the first two Premier League games against Newcastle and Portsmouth, while Brazilian midfielder Anderson is playing at the Olympics.

Fergie is without star player Ronaldo until October as he recovers from an ankle op.

INJURED Portsmouth pair Lassana Diarra and Kanu are out of Sunday’s Community Shield clash with Manchester United.

Pompey striker Kanu, 32, has signed a new one-year deal. -TheSun

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
And even with 9 players out...

...we've still got a brilliant team....strength all through the middle! ;)

VDS
Brown, Rio, Vida, Evra
Fletch, Scholes, O'Shea, Giggs
Tevez, Campbell/Saha

Thats a fairly strong line up......All s good IMO...;)

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
Keano! said:
And even with 9 players out...

...we've still got a brilliant team....strength all through the middle! ;)

VDS
Brown, Rio, Vida, Evra
Fletch, Scholes, O'Shea, Giggs
Tevez, Campbell/Saha

Thats a fairly strong line up......All s good IMO...;)
O'Shea in midfield not good

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Thank goodness, Tevez wasn't called up to the olympic squad.

We really need a striker. Saha is rumoured to be going to sunderland...we need to buy.
There is no news on that player Fergie said he made a bid for.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
He may not be the best but hes decent there.

Put it like this....if that team above couldn't beat Newcastle at Old Trafford, then
serious reviews have to be done. We have the backbone....Rio, Scholsey and
Carlos.....;)

Anyways, players will get back to full health soon enough so nothing to fear with
regards to players injured IMO.

How long is Ronaldo out for? 2 months is it?,,,Not long enough IMO! :p

NateR said:
Thank goodness, Tevez wasn't called up to the olympic squad.

We really need a striker. Saha is rumoured to be going to sunderland.10.5 M apparently..we need to buy.
There is no news on that player Fergie said he made a bid for.Unless it was going to be Tevez...technically Fergie signed Tevez this summer...

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
we urgently need another quality striker , but we have all known this for the last 18 months ,for this team to truly peak.
has for worrying about injured players for the seasons opener we are only playing newcastle and currently they are dreadful ,our 2nd team could probabley beat them at home,but if this squad of players is to continue to flourish they need more striking power .

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
i think a big signing like berbatov would lift everybody connected with the club , come on fergie spend some of the money you have got in for selling players like eagles and pique

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Its certainly bad news.

It makes a change us getting some publicity with injuries. Its usually Chelsea that everyone cries about having injuries, even when we're got as many.

I don't know where this article came from, but God its bad;

hafiz_shukri00391 said:
Owen Hargreaves, Nani, Anderson, Cristiano Ronaldo and Park Ji Sung are crocked
Erm..... no!

Nani will be suspended and Anderson is at the Olympics. :rolleyes:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
He did ...

On Tevez ... ;)
I didn't think they'd finalised that yet?

Last I heard, United were planning to finalise a permanent deal 'sometime before Christmas'.

Z

·
0 Posts
reddwarf said:
I didn't think they'd finalised that yet?

Last I heard, United were planning to finalise a permanent deal 'sometime before Christmas'.
Correct.

·
23,699 Posts
According to The Mirror, Schmeichel thinks Fergie is just playing some mind games by moaning about the injuries and is impressed with the depth of the current squad.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
It's not too late! We can still bring in reserve players. Maybe we can create a spotlight like the bat signal only with a Red Devil on it...

Yeah I like The Dark Knight. :eek:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts