Manchester United Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sky Sports News have announced this morning that Man Utd have signed Villarreal's holding midfielder and Spanish international, Marcos Senna for £8.2m

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen him playing for Spain and he's a very good holding midfielder..just what we want..he's going to be under £8m say Sky Sports News now!

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
At this moment in time United have NOT signed Senna, but "are closing in" on the player. This is what Sky says, NOT that we have already signed him.

Reports in the Spanish media are claiming Manchester United are closing on a deal for Villarreal midfielder Marcos Senna. The Spain international has been linked with a move to Old Trafford for much of the summer, but it appeared a deal had been ruled out when The Red Devils stepped in for Michael Carrick. Tottenham Hotspur star Carrick is expected to complete his move to United early next week and his arrival will go some way to beefing up a midfield which has looked stretched in the last six months.

The former West Ham United man has looked comfortable in the holding role for England, but is not in the same ilk as United legend Roy Keane. Senna, though, has won many fans for the way he has bossed the engine room for Villarreal and he could slot into the enforcer role in The Premiership. The 30-year-old said recently that he was flattered to be linked with a move to Old Trafford, but favoured inking a new deal at Villarreal. Sky Sports News

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Senna

Hope United have done their homework on this lad. He has already played this summer for Villarreal in the Intertoto Cup, so that could mean he's not eligible for any Champions League games. Rob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well heard it was more in the region of 4million which I think is good for a 30 year old. He can still perform a good 3 or 4 seasons for us. I think he would be a good addtion. I have seen him in Spain and he is a quality player to have in the team. Good passer of the ball and good at holding the midfield as well.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Red Rob said:
Hope United have done their homework on this lad. He has already played this summer for Villarreal in the Intertoto Cup, so that could mean he's not eligible for any Champions League games. Rob
As i understand it, Senna can play in the Champions League this season.
The Champions League and the Intertoto Cup are viewed by UEFA to be separate competitions.
So, due to the fact that he hasn't played in a Champions League qualifier he's ok.
Anyway, i doubt that Alex Ferguson would sign a player who can't play in Europe!:confused:

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dazzaq07 said:
More examples of media bullsh
Watch your language, I warned you once via PM.

Thread closed by the way, two year old news that was wrong anyway :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.