Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Utd are ready to sign Villarreal midfielder, Marcos Senna say Sky Sports TV.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Senna is exactly the kind of player we need. My only concern is his age. He is already thirty and in the fast paced premeirship midfielders rarely last beyond 33. Hope he can do makelele's job at chelsea for us though he is a bit more aggressive than makelele in my opinion

·
Registered
121 Posts
I wasn't impressed at all with Senna in the World Cup. Spain played much, much, much better with Cesc in the middle. Senna just didn't seem to have what it takes at the top level, if you ask me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Senna is more similar to xavi than to cesc in the spanish setup. He is like the gattuso to cesc's pirlo.
He had an amazing season in the champions league last season and in la liga and has proven that he can compete against the very best. I would still prefer mascherano but senna will do for a few seasons.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Decent player, will do a job but honestly with the Chelsea situation, I think we need to look long term and would prefer to go for someone younger. 6-8M not available to spend on the long term team and will have to replace him in a few years. If we compromise on who we go for we should err on the side of youth who can improve, will be there for a long time and have real sell on value if it comes to it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I disagree loki. right now we need impact players. The united midfield is already packed with young players with the exception of giggs and scholes. A midfield hardman like senna will be a great addition. The only younger option is mascherano while other potentials like gattuo and viera are also getting on in the age department.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
senna will do a great job i think i was very impressed with him in the few matches in CL and wc2006 like someone said we need impact players now and he has the expirience oh btw if he signs and all that will he be the first brazilian to play for manutd cant remember anyone else

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I agree with hjallip, i think Senna's a good player and the type of holding midfielder we need.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They're saying that Senna will sign a 3 year contract this week.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A great bargain buy IMO, performed well in the champions league for Villarreal last season and put in some decent performances for Spain during the WC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts