Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so 2 weeks tomorro we play liverpool

but will the game be a dead ringer or not?

remember we may be 7pts clear but by the time the game comes the gap may only be 4pts as utd dont play this weekend because of the cc final.
so if this is the case going into the liverpool game they will have the chance to really pull themselves back into the tital race.

im hoping to put the final nail in there premire league coffin

oww and 90min of rubing it in there faces :):groupwave reversed::groupwave reversed:

·
Banned
107 Posts
so 2 weeks tomorro we play liverpool

but will the game be a dead ringer or not?

remember we may be 7pts clear but by the time the game comes the gap may only be 4pts as utd dont play this weekend because of the cc final.
so if this is the case going into the liverpool game they will have the chance to really pull themselves back into the tital race.

im hoping to put the final nail in there premire league coffin

oww and 90min of rubing it in there faces :):groupwave reversed::groupwave reversed:
totally agree, herd torrees mgithve picked up another knock, which sounds good. another hope would be for stevie g to be unfit, that wuld really **** them up.

i belive we will *** out firing against them and leave them in the dust. 3-0 at halftime would be amazing. gonna make sure am in the pub havin jars for this match

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
If the dippers get wins against boro and sunderland - doubtful on form, I know - they would only be one point behind us going into our game next Wednesday.

Beating them at OT will be critical to ensure their early demise.

Z

·
0 Posts
It's a vital game for them, moreso than it is for us. Anything other than a win and they know they're out of the race. A win for us would see them give up on the Premiership, Rafa would immediately rest his best players in the league and focus on Europe, I'm sure of that.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
always a big game no matter wat the gap is. we will be seeking revenge for the losss at the castle greyskull and to kill their lingering dreams of a title.

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
If we win this game than it will be just one-horse race for the PL, and yes it's a big game for both of the clubs no matter how big or small the gap is.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
How important? Its monumentally important.

As if the United-Liverpool games aren't important important enough anyway; this one could effectively win the title for us. And not just any title either, one that would equal Liverpools record as titles. The game will have as big an effect as any on who has the title as the biggest English team ever.

Oh yeah, and IF (and its a big if) we win multiple trophies this season, as the media seems to think we will, if we secure the title in that game it could go along way to helping us secure that record because it would give us the luxury of resting players in the League before big cup games.

How important is it? Its probably the biggest Premiership meeting of United and Liverpool there has ever been.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Liverpool vs Man utd is always very important no matter what circumstances it is. A win to them will not be the title decider just yet but it will definitely boost their confidence, to give them hope that they can still win it is the last thing we need. Even a draw at old trafford will be a good result for them so hopefully we managed to get nothing else but a win.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It's a vital game for them, moreso than it is for us. Anything other than a win and they know they're out of the race. A win for us would see them give up on the Premiership, Rafa would immediately rest his best players in the league and focus on Europe, I'm sure of that.
Agreed.

It's a must win for them, whereas if it's a draw we'll still be in a better position than them.

However, a win would put us into a fantastic position, not just in the Premiership but in terms of the Poo's belief and us potentially being able to rest some players for CL and Cup games.

·
Registered
773 Posts
yup, vital game......we're more comfortable at home.....
I reckon we'll control this game...
We're in better form that Scouser, the only thing is to keep the player fit and if we win, like others said it's a title decider....

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
they have to win every game to have any chance and we can afford to lose to them and still win it , hopefully the pressure will tell on them and we will put them to the sword

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Its a bit like the Arsenal game at OT last season. A Manutd win guarentee's the title, a Liverpool win opens the race up again, a draw is a big blow to Liverpool.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The game v the Vermin is always important. Even back in the 80's when we were sh*t and they were winning everything it was important.

The game coming up is a game we can't lose. If we draw then we keep our advantage, assuming we can beat the Barcodes, if we win then it's our title.

We've already lost to them once this season, I couldn't stomach a second defeat, it takes me a week to get over it . . .

·
Registered
542 Posts
tbh i want all their players fit and ready so them dumb scousers can't make any more ******* dumbass exscuses

"if we would of had torress it would be another story"
"our players just wern't fit today, we will get revenge" etc...

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
A United victory seals the title, which would allow us to test some of the younger guys out and keep the first XI ready for Europe. Otherwise, the league is pretty much in the air.

·
Registered
469 Posts
To lose to them twice in one season would be very painful, plus we take a lot of pressure off ourselves by getting a result. The players will be really up for this one and the atmosphere electric. Biggest league game of the season by a long way.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I think bar the inter 2nd leg it will be our most important game of the season, i hope we win but i think it will be a nil nil or 1-1 draw unfortunately

1 - 20 of 40 Posts