·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VALENCIA IS UNITED TARGET
Fergie wants first option on Wigan winger

INTEREST - Antonio Valencia
By DAVID HARRISON, 17/01/2009

MANCHESTER UNITED have Wigan winger Antonio Valencia in their sights.

Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson has asked Latics manager Steve Bruce to be given first option on the Ecuadorian international.

But any move would have to wait until the end of the season when the United manager will be given his transfer funds for the summer.

United's arch-rivals Real Madrid have also been linked with a £15million bid for 23- year-old Valencia.

However, Bruce would prefer to hold on to the winger for the rest of the season.

After agreeing to sell Wilson Palacios to Tottenham for £13m, the Wigan boss is reluctant to weaken his squad further.

Fergie had also been eyeing Palacios but would not have been able to fund a January bid for the 24- year-old Honduran midfielder.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wouldnt mind the pair of them to be honest, two of the best players outside the top 4/5

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
didnt think he was that young :eek: would be a quailty signing imo and if we got him and palicios together it would be a major coup for us imo

·
Registered
736 Posts
Dont think this will happen !!! No more.....Tosic on the way, Park.....Dont mention Nani !! He have been ridiculous, but maybe he need to time to understand how crap he's on the pitch....Hey Nani, make less shot trick....

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I wouldn't mind Valencia here at all.

He's a good player, but has the potential to become great. But again, like Valencia if he signs, then good. If not, then I won't be too bothered.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
IF it happens, could the be the end of Nani?

Although having read in one of the threads that Ribery could be on the market at the end of the season... **** Valencia! haha

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Richie said:
IF it happens, could the be the end of Nani?

Although having read in one of the threads that Ribery could be on the market at the end of the season... **** Valencia! haha
haha ya ribery>valencia but valencia is a good player too but if i had to choice between the two it would be ribery ;) haha

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
The same media were convinced that we were going to buy Palacios & Valencia last summer. We're not going to buy them. Simple as that.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
we don't need him .he's not United class. he's to overrated. we have better players than him. even nani is better than him.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
Am I the only one who actually doesnt think valencia is that good? is it because being at wigan he's not under a spotlight or what?

(apart from WAZZA1989)

I think he's just been hyped up as a player whos better than he really is just because we showed a sniff of interest

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
His a good player in my opinion and should move to a bigger club either in the EPL or overseas in the summer but we kind ended our pursuit for a winger as we signed Tosic so no matter how good a winger is and is linked with Man Utd we will not buy - unless an unusual circumstance arrives. I think we were interested in him and could of bought him in the summer but I think Fergie wanted David Silva as an official bid was rejected since the player did not want to leave the La Liga but nevermind since we got Tosic.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
good player, but I doubt we will make a move for him to be honest, with tosic, ronaldo, nani, giggs, park, and now welbeck I think we are pretty crowded at winger.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
I cant see this happening now,not with Tosic emrging,although you never know,it might be a cheeky way to ease the injuries,even if its only a short term fix,maybe a loan to see how he goes?

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
The newest rumor is that we might pay 10m quid to loan him for 18 months and after this period we should pay additional 10m for his permanent signature.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
martinutd said:
The newest rumor is that we might pay 10m quid to loan him for 18 months and after this period we should pay additional 10m for his permanent signature.
when did you hear this?today?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts