Manchester United Talk banner

Valencia is United target !

2K views 31 replies 16 participants last post by  8640 
#1 ·
VALENCIA IS UNITED TARGET
Fergie wants first option on Wigan winger

INTEREST - Antonio Valencia
By DAVID HARRISON, 17/01/2009

MANCHESTER UNITED have Wigan winger Antonio Valencia in their sights.

Old Trafford boss Sir Alex Ferguson has asked Latics manager Steve Bruce to be given first option on the Ecuadorian international.

But any move would have to wait until the end of the season when the United manager will be given his transfer funds for the summer.

United's arch-rivals Real Madrid have also been linked with a £15million bid for 23- year-old Valencia.

However, Bruce would prefer to hold on to the winger for the rest of the season.

After agreeing to sell Wilson Palacios to Tottenham for £13m, the Wigan boss is reluctant to weaken his squad further.

Fergie had also been eyeing Palacios but would not have been able to fund a January bid for the 24- year-old Honduran midfielder.

See less See more
#13 ·
Am I the only one who actually doesnt think valencia is that good? is it because being at wigan he's not under a spotlight or what?

(apart from WAZZA1989)

I think he's just been hyped up as a player whos better than he really is just because we showed a sniff of interest

#14 ·
His a good player in my opinion and should move to a bigger club either in the EPL or overseas in the summer but we kind ended our pursuit for a winger as we signed Tosic so no matter how good a winger is and is linked with Man Utd we will not buy - unless an unusual circumstance arrives. I think we were interested in him and could of bought him in the summer but I think Fergie wanted David Silva as an official bid was rejected since the player did not want to leave the La Liga but nevermind since we got Tosic.

#23 ·
cantos red army said:
my mate lives off that website its like his bible :rolleyes: i don't really trust it tbh but it could get it right as i heard it on a radio station over here as well! he would be a good signing and the fact he can play champions league is a bonus as well
Yes. That's why I said that it was a rumor. I also read this on a macedonian website. He should be a good signing for us but maybe than our midfield will be a little crowded with tosic now in the squad and hargo when he's fit

#24 ·
martinutd said:
Yes. That's why I said that it was a rumor. I also read this on a macedonian website. He should be a good signing for us but maybe than our midfield will be a little crowded with tosic now in the squad and hargo when he's fit
hmm yes but the thing is tosic isn't proven yet while Valencias done it for a couple of seasons in the prem his 3rd i think? as for hargo when hes back i can see him as our number one center midfielder! our current weak spot is the left wing IMO so we could put ronaldo in there and Valencia out right maybe?

if he does sign i think this will be the end of Nani tbh

#25 ·
cantos red army said:
hmm yes but the thing is tosic isn't proven yet while Valencias done it for a couple of seasons in the prem his 3rd i think? as for hargo when hes back i can see him as our number one center midfielder! our current weak spot is the left wing IMO so we could put ronaldo in there and Valencia out right maybe?

if he does sign i think this will be the end of Nani tbh
Our left wing is the weakest spot in the team maybe but if wigan asks 20m quid for him than we shouldn't buy him (although we won't give them all the money at once). We can use those money maybe to buy David Silva from Valencia. 20m for valencia is a little bit too much for a player like him

#26 ·
martinutd said:
Our left wing is the weakest spot in the team maybe but if wigan asks 20m quid for him than we shouldn't buy him (although we won't give them all the money at once). We can use those money maybe to buy David Silva from Valencia. 20m for valencia is a little bit too much for a player like him
you've got a point but didn't Valencia(the club not the player :p) reject something like a combined 135 million bid for Silva and Villa from man city so i think they would be after nearly 40 million for Silva

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.