Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Edwin Van Der Sar says he is not thinking about life beyond the coming season, he is out of contract at the end of the 2007/2008 season.

Edwin said 'I don't know what is going to happen at the end of the season...but i'm not worried about the situation.'

Source: Manutd.com

·
Registered
505 Posts
And rightly so, the guy has saved us so many times since he arrived and a couple of unfortunate mistakes shouldn't take anything away from the several match winning saves he made last season, i'm happy with Edwin staying for another year at least.

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So am i, there's no doubt that Edwin has been the best goalkeeper that we've had since Schmeichel...we'll need his experience between the sticks again this season.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In the end of last season is started to make some mistakes after is noose injury, but we got good replacments.
Im sure next season (2008-09) we will see Foster in our line-up.

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
In fairness to Van Der Sar, his mistakes last year were very few and far between. Some United fans and the media unfairly tend to go on about any error that Edwin may make, the guy is human and it happens.

Look at the penalty save that he made against Manchester City, which effectively helped United to win the title.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It was more a miss of Vassel then a save of WDS.
Is a great goal keaper I agree, I didnt mean we should replace him I meant that is now getting younger and its good that we have good replacments.

·
Banned
836 Posts
I'm Edwin's number one fan and I'm always commenting on his icons.com website. He's my idol. I think he's a fantastic goalkeeper, I just wished we signed him earlier, probably when we had Fabien Barthez in 2001, we could of had a few good years out of him, but instead he was playing for Premiership no hopers Fulham.

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
I think VDS has been pretty solid for us over the past couple seasons - what worries me is the fact we dont have anyone who is a proven, solid, consistent keeper to replace him !!

Kucszack is a bit scared of crosses - he is prone to the odd error if the ball is whipped in at him.......

Foster is a future England goalkeeper but he needs more games under his belt to become good enough for United.......his time with Watford will have worked wonders for him - and maybe another season on loan will bring him on in leaps and bounds.....

Once VDS leaves we need to replace him quick and not waste time trying 'clowns' like we did before........

But I'm pretty sure Fergie knows this, lol :p :p

·
Banned
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
johann said:
VDS needs to go he costed us games last season as well , SELL HIM
Rubbish, United won the Premiership with Van Der Sar in goal. Every keeper makes errors and Edwin makes very few.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts