Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think should replace the best goalkeeper in Prem League? We have Foster and he"s quality but in my opinion he's too injury prone, and tomasz is good as well but i think he doesn't poses all the quality needed to be the first choice at a club like MAN UTD. Should we stick to what we have or look elsewhere?

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Whether you like Van Der Sar or not, we need to look at replacements. He is 38 now after all.

This is, and should be, his last season with us imho, then we need to confirm his replacement.

I really want Foster to be his replacement. Hes a quality keeper, who has fantastic potential and who should be the future no 1 for England as well. He deserves the chance to play, and the chance to get over his injuries and prove that hes good enough and fit enough to be our no 1.

However, if the injury problems persist, we need to look outwith United for a replacement. My two choices would be Neuer and Sebastian Frey.

I would prefer Neuer, but both are absolutely fantastic goalkeepers. But, another factor may be that Frey might not cost as much as Neuer, or any other keeper for that matter.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Ya Frey or Neuer would be class. But both would cost £10m + . I think a good alternative would be Given for £3-4m.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
If Foster can stay fit, I'm sure he can be Man utd's number 1 keeper.

If he turns out to be a sick note then

1. Hugo Lloris
2. Sebastian Frey
3. Manuel Neuer
4. Oscar Ustari

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Jason Brown :D

nah joking i would say give Kuszczak/Foster a chance then if they fail we go for Ochao or Lloris but both would be costy so i would say go to a great goalie his name is BORUC
as this goalie is top experienced and taller than the other choices :p

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
Ya Frey or Neuer would be class. But both would cost £10m + . I think a good alternative would be Given for £3-4m.
I wouldn't be frightened of paying £10m+ for a goalkeeper.

Prices are rising in football nowadays, and even the prices for quality goalkeepers are going up. After all, it took about £32m for Juventus to sign Buffon, albeit that was in 2001. But of course, there is a limit. I would probably only pay, at most, £15m-£18m for a keeper.

Neuer and Frey are my top two choices, but I wouldn't mind Given either. Hes not my top choice, but hes a quality keeper none the less.

abojodeh said:
so i would say go to a great goalie his name is BORUC
No abo.

Hes a quality shot-stopper no doubt. But he can't deal with crosses, hes too eccentric, he makes quite a few mistakes and his behaviour is a disgrace in all honesty.

We need to avoid Boruc.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
manutd004 said:
I wouldn't be frightened of paying £10m+ for a goalkeeper.

Prices are rising in football nowadays, and even the prices for quality goalkeepers are going up. After all, it took about £32m for Juventus to sign Buffon, albeit that was in 2001. But of course, there is a limit. I would probably only pay, at most, £15m-£18m for a keeper.

Neuer and Frey are my top two choices, but I wouldn't mind Given either. Hes not my top choice, but hes a quality keeper none the less.

No abo.

Hes a quality shot-stopper no doubt. But he can't deal with crosses, hes too eccentric, he makes quite a few mistakes and his behaviour is a disgrace in all honesty.

We need to avoid Boruc.
no i want him cuz hes a faithful believer and always pray and try to bless himself by making a cross mark

something would **** the atheist fans :D (joking)

agree with you that Boruc ain't good at crosses and that he makes many blunders but ain't VDS the same :rolleyes:

and Boruc is good at penalties :)

_______
i would say Volkan Demirel but his attitude is very bad

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
I'd like it if we got a Keeper who's already established in the Premiership, that way they know what to expect with crosses, long balls ect.

Someone like Shay Given would be ideal.

I still think VDS has more to give anyway, and if Foster can get over all these injury problems then we're set IMO.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Boruc is terrible. Neuer is a spectacular choice, as well as Ochoa and Frey. I don't think we'd be able to get Frey away from Fiorentina though, as they are on the up. Anyway, I don't think any of that matters if Foster can stay fit.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
abojodeh said:
agree with you that Boruc ain't good at crosses and that he makes many blunders but ain't VDS the same :rolleyes:
Yes, VDS is the same.

Thats why I wanted VDS dropped a couple of weeks ago abo :)

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Kuz, Foster, Amos, Heaton, Zieler, Woods.....
We should promote internally as they say, but if we werent going to do that, then Given maybe.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Kuz, Foster, Amos, Heaton, Zieler, Woods.....
We should promote internally as they say, but if we werent going to do that, then Given maybe.
I actually think Heaton's move to Cardiff will be made permanent at some point.

But atm, hes still on our books.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
manutd004 said:
I actually think Heaton's move to Cardiff will be made permanent at some point.

But atm, hes still on our books.
Yeah you are probably right. The sad thing is that at least 5 of those names
will never 'make it' at United, but thats the way of football.
Im hoping that at least one will be good enough.
Im sure it will be Foster or Kuz or possibly young Woods if he progresses well.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
Yeah you are probably right. The sad thing is that at least 5 of those names
will never 'make it' at United, but thats the way of football.
Im hoping that at least one will be good enough.
Im sure it will be Foster or Kuz or possibly young Woods if he progresses well.
Yeah. I don't know much about the younger keepers, so I don't know how good they are or how much of a chance they have.

But they won't all come through the ranks, if any. But the good thing for them though, is that because they're on Uniteds books, they probably have a better chance than most of finding another club.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Berbatov08 said:

Heard he's got a bad back from repeatedly bending over and picking the ball out of the back of the net. :D

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
redforcerising has found him guys its HUGO LLORIS if you ain't heard of him like myself or have any doubts then go to the scouting thread and watch the clip .it will blow you away very similar to schmeical when he arrived at utd ,he's absolutley awesome .
i like ben foster but foster is nowhere near this guy he will be number one keeper in the world within 4 years , fergie go and get him PLEASE.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts