Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man Utd Goalkeeper Edwin Van Der Sar has signed a contract extension until 2009.

Breaking news on Sky Sports News. :)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Great News.

A very safe keeper and very talented, has the experience aswell.......:)

He does seem to be lacking in confidence at times, he really should get rid of that.....

Good News though again...

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Keano4taoiseach said:
Great News.

A very safe keeper and very talented, has the experience aswell.......:)

He does seem to be lacking in confidence at times, he really should get rid of that.....

Good News though again...
Agree. Against Liverpool on Sunday and Pompey & AC Milan (i think) last season have been his only real errors (that i can remember right now :p)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
great news.....maybe after he finishes his contract he will become a goalkeeper coach at the club....who knows..anyway....great to have you at Man Utd for one more year Edwin:D:D

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
gr8 player....but i want to see foster play for united.......if VDS stays then foster may think of leavin us....the gr8est advantage of VDS is that he brings experience(LOTS of experience!!!!!!!!!)to our team........

·
Registered
293 Posts
its good. except i think SAF is going to play Van Der Sar less oftern in the next few years. his not exactly young is he.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
asaf cohen said:
its good. except i think SAF is going to play Van Der Sar less oftern in the next few years. his not exactly young is he.
Agree, i think this is really for safety reasons more than anything. Over the next few years, TK and BF will be given more and more games.

----------------------

Manchester United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar has signed a new one-year contract extension, tying him to the club until the end of the 2009 season.

Van der Sar joined from Fulham in June 2005
The 37-year-old had been considering retirement at the end of this season.

"He is number one at the moment, but you can't guarantee players a position and say they'll definitely be in your team," said boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

"Edwin will want to be number one next season but Ben Foster will be back and I am sure he will want to be too."

England international Foster is currently sidelined after cruciate knee ligament surgery.

There were suggestions Van der Sar could be handed a role on the Old Trafford backroom staff as goalkeeping coach Tony Coton is currently sidelined following a recent knee operation.

But Ferguson stressed the Dutchman's new deal was "totally as a player".

From BBC Sport

·
Banned
836 Posts
I was pleased to hear that. I'm Edwin's biggest fan and he is a great goalkeeper, a little eractic at times (especially against Liverpool last week) but nonetheless a great keeper and he can teach the younger keepers the tricks of the trade for when he hangs up his gloves.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts