Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Van der Vaart agrees Real move

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/04082008/58/la-liga-van-der-vaart-agrees-real-move.html

Eurosport - Mon, 04 Aug 12:58:00 2008

Dutch international midfielder Rafael van der Vaart has agreed a move from Hamburg to Real Madrid.

"Last night everything came together and I am now moving to Real Madrid," the 25-year-old said on his website.

"I have always wanted to move to Spain because I have a strong bond with that country. Now I'm going to play for Real Madrid it's a dream come true. Tomorrow afternoon I will be presented."

Spanish media have reported he is set to sign a five-year contract for a fee of around 10 million euros (£7.91m).

The former Ajax player, whose mother is Spanish, will be the fifth Dutchman in the Real Madrid squad, joining Ruud van Nistelrooy, Arjen Robben, Royston Drenthe and Wesley Sneijder at the Bernabeu.

Van der Vaart's statement came just hours after his compatriot Sneijder suffered a serious knee injury in Real's 1-0 friendly defeat by Arsenal on Sunday.

Van der Vaart, who joined Hamburg in 2005, has been a long-time target of Real Madrid and was reported to have been signed at the specific request of coach Bernd Schuster.

His move to Real will increase speculation that the club are beginning to lose hope that they will be able to lure Cristiano Ronaldo away from Manchester United.

·
23,699 Posts
abojodeh said:
His move to Real will increase speculation that the club are beginning to lose hope that they will be able to lure Cristiano Ronaldo away from Manchester United.
Looks like Real are already scrambling to buy insurance just in case...

Another positive step towards Not Slave staying.

But.... why am I not over the moon? :confused:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
The blancos revealed on their official website that the 25-year-old is set to seal his deal in person tomorrow. No fee has been mentioned but it is thought to be a €9m deal.

A statement from the club ran: "Real Madrid C.F. and Hamburg SV have reached an agreement for the 5-season transfer of Dutch player Rafael Ferdinand van der Vaart to the former club. The agreement is subject to the player's medical examination and his signing of a federation contract.

Van der Vaart will be officially presented on Tuesday 5 August at 13:00 CET in the Presidential Balcony of the Santiago Bernabéu Stadium."

The Netherlands international had earlier told the official HSV website that he was set to move on after an accord between the two clubs was met on Sunday night.

Ready To Move

Anticipating his switch to Spain, he said, "Very late [Sunday] night it was agreed. It took a long time and for a long while it was uncertain, but now everything is clear.

"I'm glad, but also a little sad. I had a good time here... I'm also hurt to leave. People here always supported me, even in difficult times, such as during the Valencia incident (a failed transfer).

"I had goosebumps every time I played in Hamburg. It's clichéd to say that HSV will always remain in my heart, but this really is the case and it should remain so."

Rich Pedigree

Rafael brings with him to Madrid a considerable goalscoring record for a midfielder, having netted 29 Bundesliga goals in 74 appearances for the Hanseaten.

With Ajax his finest campaign was perhaps 2002-03, wherein he managed almost a goal a game for the Dutch capital side. However his later days in Amsterdam were to be fraught with controversy as he was stripped of the captaincy and even dropped for a time.

Nonetheless he remained, and remains, a Dutch international of some repute, having taken part in Euro 2008 this summer for his country.

Steve Michaels, Goal.com

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yeah absolute steal at 9million euros :|

probably the best bit of business this summer for sure !

One of the most gifted players in europe no doubt about it, i say this because he's not particularly big, strong, or powerful.
He's effortlessly brilliant just like Zidane and Cantona, not sure where he could fit into our team, maybe could replace Giggs? but he superb none the less.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I'll Help Madrid To Win The Champions League - Van Der Vaart

Real Madrid midfielder, Rafael Van Der Vaart, is delighted with his move to the Spanish capital and he insists he will fight for a place to help his side win the Champions League, but he doesn’t mind sitting on the bench if he has to.

The Holland star was unveiled by Los Merengues after they finally managed to capture him following a long pursuit.

Van der Vaart is aiming high and he cannot wait to get started at the Bernabeu.

“I will fight to hold down a place in the team but Real Madrid has a lot of great players in their side and so, if I sit on the bench, it wouldn’t be a problem,” said the midfielder.

“Real Madrid has an objective, and that is to win the Champions League. I can help them but the important thing is to play.

“Ronaldo? It would be good if he came.”

Van der Vaart then explained the reason why he didn’t play against Real in the Emirates Cup. The midfielder seems to suggest he missed the clash because he didn’t want to risk an injury.

“Everyone saw what happened to Wesley Sneijder, things like this can always happen and it was just a friendly.”

The former Hamburg player will now be hoping to prove himself as his new team challenge for the Champions League as well as La Liga.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Dean555 said:
I'll Help Madrid To Win The Champions League - Van Der Vaart

Real Madrid midfielder, Rafael Van Der Vaart, is delighted with his move to the Spanish capital and he insists he will fight for a place to help his side win the Champions League, but he doesn't mind sitting on the bench if he has to.

The Holland star was unveiled by Los Merengues after they finally managed to capture him following a long pursuit.

Van der Vaart is aiming high and he cannot wait to get started at the Bernabeu.

“I will fight to hold down a place in the team but Real Madrid has a lot of great players in their side and so, if I sit on the bench, it wouldn't be a problem,†said the midfielder.

“Real Madrid has an objective, and that is to win the Champions League. I can help them but the important thing is to play.

“Ronaldo? It would be good if he came.â€

Van der Vaart then explained the reason why he didn't play against Real in the Emirates Cup. The midfielder seems to suggest he missed the clash because he didn't want to risk an injury.

“Everyone saw what happened to Wesley Sneijder, things like this can always happen and it was just a friendly.â€

The former Hamburg player will now be hoping to prove himself as his new team challenge for the Champions League as well as La Liga.
...And then he woke up ;) :p

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
piazza said:
That's a steal if its only 9mil!
I wish Van Der Whatisname all the best !

Piazza .....

What was happening with Roy Keane when he
was going mad like he is in your avatar ?

Who was he shouting at ?

I love it - it sums Roy Keane up nicely.

Fearless. Fearsome. He never once backed
down to anyone.

Z

·
0 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:

Who was he shouting at ?
Paddy vieira started on Gary Neville so Keane started on Paddy ;)

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Yeah I agree I think for 9m this is the best buy of the summer so far. He's a brilliant playmaker !

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
I wish Van Der Whatisname all the best !

Piazza .....

Who was he shouting at ?

I love it - it sums Roy Keane up nicely.

Fearless. Fearsome. He never once backed
down to anyone.
I think Zuco summed it up the best. Here's a link to the story http://www.caughtoffside.com/2008/07/16/remembering-the-past-manchester-uniteds-roy-keane-and-arsenals-patrick-vieira-tussle-in-the-tunnel/

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
9 mil euroooooos?...you've got to be kiddin'.....so what if he was at HSV he is a great player...how come...jees....they are REAL theves:(...RONALDO don't gooooo to them..in the future that is:D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts