Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) - Argentine football is to use a quickly-vanishing spray in an attempt to stop defensive walls from creeping forward at free kicks.

Referees will pace the regulatory 9.15 metres between the ball and the nearest defender and then spray a white line on the pitch to mark the correct position of the wall.

The line then disappears from the pitch within a minute.

"This could help put an end to the practice of walls moving forward in football," said Pablo Silva, who has led the project to develop the product.

In a rare instance of new technology in the sport, the Argentina Football Association (AFA) agreed at an executive meeting on Wednesday night to use the equipment during next season's second division campaign.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080718/tod-uk-soccer-latam-argentina-spray-95b9e1b.html

Don't know what to think about that really.
Seems a bit crazy to me, referee running round
the pitch with a can of spray in his pocket, spraying
lines on the pitch could provide some comedy moments. :D

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
They had this in the Brazilian league a couple of seasons ago. I remember I watching a few games where the ref was spraying the grass.

Not a bad idea but I dont think the ref's are too keen on doing this.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Yeah, Ive heard of this before and seen it in action.
I think its great for the game. Freekicks are an essential part of the game,
and we have seen so many ruined because of encroaching walls.
That gets on my grits......
At least with a line there, no one can wreck our free kicks.
If this was to be introduced expect to see a few more Ronnie specials,
or even a Hargo curler.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
:eek: Chelsea's game plans undone with the spray of the can ..... :)
Maybe the referee can have protective booths to run to at Chelsea games, so that they really have to start playing sme decent football...kekekekeke

·
Registered
550 Posts
Lol. I wouldn't mind watching the ref run about with a can of spray paint when free kicks are taken. Breaks the tension of the moment with a giggle...

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
I better not ever have to do that...it is retarded...just pull out your yellow card and its dealt with...it is simple

Not to mention how many jerseys I have ruined by leaving a pen in my pocket when I put them in the washing machine. :eek:

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cappy said:
I better not ever have to do that...it is retarded...just pull out your yellow card and its dealt with...it is simple

Not to mention how many jerseys I have ruined by leaving a pen in my pocket when I put them in the washing machine. :eek:
Use a pencil, it even works when wet ;)

Nooooooob :p

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
believe it or not, I carry a pen, a permant marker, and a pencil if its going to rain ;)

i usually carry 3 sets of cards as well when on the field ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts