Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: Holy ****!
These kids can play and then some.
I bet Fergie is annoyed he missed out on Ramsay. He looks the part.
And young Wilshere will be around for a long long time. Quite a prospect.
But Carlos Vela :eek: What a goal, what a player. This sickens me :mad:

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Carlos Vela looks absolutely class he scored a delightful goal against Wigan then. Wilshere looks like a decent little player as well, saw a bit of him in the Emirates Trophy or w/e it was in the summer. As for Ramsey although he's welsh i will never forgive him for turning down United for Arsenal :(

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Same old same old. They may be great prospects, but the EXACT same was being said about there 'kids' 5 years ago - and now where are they? Remember the hyp around Aliadiere and Beye(sp?)

Arsenal's style also helps them. They play a 'team style', wehras we are far more individual so your far more likely to get found out in ours than theres.

They definately have some great young players, but the way the media bang on about them you'd think they had a team full of Zidane's.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
-lol Sal. I remember you saying that ;-)
-TM-You picked out a few examples of guys that didnt make it. By all accounts
and from what I, Sal, Hags and many have seen is that this bunch is the real deal.
It pains me to say it, but you have to give credit where its due.
So many English players as well. The English among you must be happy about this.

A text on bbc:
"I'm with my granddad and he has been watching Arsenal for 85 years. He says this is the best Arsenal youth team since he was 10. He wanted me to text."

from bbc also:
By the way, I don't care if some of you want to accuse me of over-doing it with Arsenal. For an outfield team averaging 18.7 years, this is quite remarkable. They play just like the first team, there is a staggering amount of ability. You will be hearing a lot of these boys in the years to come.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Well i still think that young team were awesome..Respect where it's due..Hate the gunners,but thought those lads were great...

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
-lol Sal. I remember you saying that ;-)
-TM-You picked out a few examples of guys that didnt make it. By all accounts
and from what I, Sal, Hags and many have seen is that this bunch is the real deal.
It pains me to say it, but you have to give credit where its due.
So many English players as well. The English among you must be happy about this.

A text on bbc:
"I'm with my granddad and he has been watching Arsenal for 85 years. He says this is the best Arsenal youth team since he was 10. He wanted me to text."

from bbc also:
By the way, I don't care if some of you want to accuse me of over-doing it with Arsenal. For an outfield team averaging 18.7 years, this is quite remarkable. They play just like the first team, there is a staggering amount of ability. You will be hearing a lot of these boys in the years to come.

But people were saying that the team of Bentley, Alliadiere, Beye, Jeffers ect were the real deal aswell.

I do think these are better, but if you listened to the media you'd think they had the a 'class of 92' type crop of youngsters.

We have some top quality youngsters anyway, so I'm not particularly worried.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
TheManc said:
But people were saying that the team of Bentley, Alliadiere, Beye, Jeffers ect were the real deal aswell.

I do think these are better, but if you listened to the media you'd think they had the a 'class of 92' type crop of youngsters.

Credit where credit is due man... our youngsters don't beat prem teams 3-0.

Even against Boro, Man Utd had first teamers playing along with POssebon, Wellbeck, Rfael and Evans.

I'm totally impressed and a bit envious. The way they play is very, very good and would probably beat a Man United U21 side.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TheManc said:
Im aware of that and Im not worried for us either, thats why this is in football banter, nowt to do with United ;)
As an Englishman you must be happy enough about the likes of Wilshere and co.?
despite the fact its the Gooners.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
god iv been getting stick from their fans all week and its so depressing

i mean yeah im impressed but it turns my stomach. i hate arsenal so much with a passion. not their team but their fans. i have more respect for chelsea fans

does anyone else find their fans so like diggy just like their so idiotic. its just the case that they dont win nothing yet they have a good spell and now their the telling me how we are a dying failure and they are the new thing. its sorta like you can say all the facts but they will just turn it around with something petty

last week they was in the papers as a flop and wenger being hinted the sack. now this week they are the best team on the planet according to papers

god i hate gooners so much they just never seem to go away :mad:

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
They can have as many good young players as they like until wenger backs up youth with experience i will be suprised to see them win the league or champs league.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Credit where credit is due man... our youngsters don't beat prem teams 3-0.

Even against Boro, Man Utd had first teamers playing along with POssebon, Wellbeck, Rfael and Evans.

I'm totally impressed and a bit envious. The way they play is very, very good and would probably beat a Man United U21 side.
From what I've been told it looked as if the Wigan players didn't even try. Obviously an exagerration but if it was a league match you could bet your life the Wigan players would be up for it and in Arsenal's faces. were they like that tonight? Genuine question as I didn't watch it.

Plus we've never played our youngsters vs a team like Wigan and like I said before Arsenals style is far more team orientated. Its pass-pass-pass. So its harder for individual players to look worse, but the flip side of that is you'll get less match winners when the chips are down. Arsenal play the same way from the first team down to the under 9's (apparently) - thats why there youth team is kick ass - other teams can't live with there collective passing as a team.

Jazz 16 said:
Im aware of that and Im not worried for us either, thats why this is in football banter, nowt to do with United ;)
As an Englishman you must be happy enough about the likes of Wilshere and co.?
despite the fact its the Gooners.
I'll be happy aslong as they never, ever hurt us in anyway as obiously Utd>NT (for me anyway)

I will find it hard to be glad of it even if they don't/ Its hard enough to see the likes of Terry, Cole and Gerrard play for a side that I am cheering for. Putting a bunch of Gunners in there will make it worse.

Thats part of the reason my love England is no where near what it used to be.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
Overhyped, most will leave due to lack of first team football just like Hoyte, Alliadere, Bentley, Pennant

Only Wilshere and Vela are anything to write home about

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
There's no doubt they've got a lot of talented youngsters. But for how long? Most of these players will go to Spain or Italy when they're 20-22 because of Wenger's shrewdness.

Arsenal are nothing but a feeder team. They develop great young players and sell them to other clubs before the players reach their peak. Then they bring in more young prospects and the cycle continues. Unless they change their policy, i can't see them winning something meaningful in the near future.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Ramsey was superb yesterday i watched 5 minutes of Arse match and he had two dangerous chances on goal :eek:

wish we had signed him :(

but do anybody of you think that Wenger can/will keep those talents at the emarits for a long time

imo Vela will join RealMadrid or Barcelona after some few years
and for Welshire i thinks hes great talent but i bet that he won't last long

1 - 20 of 23 Posts