Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Davey baby chips 'n' gravy
4,055 Posts
I am actually surprised and relieved and it wasn't a longer ban. I thought UEFA would of loved to jump on the chance of disciplining one of our Players heavily, I expected a 3 match ban.

·
Registered
366 Posts
kellymufc08 said:
sky sports news say banned for 1 game could of been a lot worse
I'm a bit annoyed really that he got any ban . Cant remember the guys name but did'nt an italian player get sent off in the same tournament a couple of years ago and he got off scott free . I know it could have been a two match ban but it stinks of one rule for us and a completely different one for everyone else .
Without sounding like that paranoid looper Benitez would this have happened if it was a player from the Spanish or Italian league . Platini and his cronies at it again .

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I know its not ideal but I'll settle for that to be honest. Evans will do fine for a game and it will be good experience for him. Vidic will be back for the home leg, which I've applied for tickets to :D

I'm fairly confident we can see off inter

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Nemanja Vidic will be suspended for the first leg of Manchester United's UEFA Champions League tie against Inter Milan.

The Serbian defender was sent off in the final of the Club World Cup in December after swinging an arm at LDU Quito's Claudio Bieler.

Fifa has now decided that he must serve a one-match ban when United travel to Inter on 24th February.

He had been facing the possibility of a three-game suspension but will now be available for the return leg at Old Trafford in March.

Confirmation of his absence for the first match will nevertheless come as a blow to Sir Alex Ferguson.

The 27-year-old has been in superb form this season and on Tuesday he helped United keep an 11th consecutive clean sheet in the Premier League.

I HATE UEFA !!!!! they hate us cause we're the best and they're tryin to stop us~!!!!!!!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I'm happy about this.

I don't agree with it, simply because I believe that a foreign club would have gotten away with it (like Milan and Kaladze did.)

But I expected UEFA to grab the chance with both hands and ban him for 2 or 3 games, so a 1 game ban is got to be good news.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
think if it was a nothing sending off he would of got away with it like the milan boy. but because the challange was OTT and deserved a red they have jumped on it. could of been worse. just have to see how evans and rio work before we panic about it. if they are like vida and evans no worries really

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
happy enough with this as everyone said could be a lot worse and the form Evans was in before the injury makes it slightly more comfortable too also with Rio and brown back we should be able to manage one game without thebest defender in the world

1 - 20 of 25 Posts