Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nemanja Vidic would like to clarify comments attributed to him in several UK newspapers, which have either been taken out of context or misquoted.

Vidic conducted an interview with Russian football magazine Football Weekly, in which he was quoted criticising Manchester's weather and the English lifestyle.

In the interview the defender did discuss how difficult he found it adapting to life in England - including the rain Manchester occasionally experiences - when he first joined from Spartak Moscow in January 2006. He freely admits that, in his first six months in England, he struggled with a new language and culture which contrasted with that of Russia or his native Serbia.

But he feels compelled to clear up other comments attributed to him in the UK press, in which he supposedly said: "In Manchester the main attraction is a timetable at the railway station where trains leave for less rainy cities!

"In England people don't have time to feel the joy of life. Throughout the week they work so hard. They only talk to people at lunch. Then in the evening they watch TV so they can get up early for work the next day."

Nemanja told ManUtd.com: "I'd like to clarify that I did not make these particular remarks. I spoke about the difficulty I had settling in to life in Manchester, but that does not reflect how I feel now.

"I enjoy my life very much as a footballer at Manchester United and I'm very happy to be a part of this great club. I think I show that in the way I play every week. I also have far too much respect for the people of Manchester, and England, to criticise them in this way."

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Interesting, what's your source? I don't think he would have said those earlier comments about the timetable and that, but it made me laugh and a bit worried!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ajant said:
Interesting, what's your source? I don't think he would have said those earlier comments about the timetable and that, but it made me laugh and a bit worried!
Its from the official Man Utd web site .
Sorry should have mentioned that . Well i think Vidic has learned a valuable lesson here with regard to what you say or dont say to the media .

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
That's a relief. I was a bit miffed with Vidic after those 'comments' but if he didn't make them then I'm a happy chappy again :D

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Stupid Media again....... have to make something outa nothing.
He can become a legend here, still only 26.

·
23,699 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
Stupid Media again....... have to make something outa nothing.He can become a legend here, still only 26.
I read their game plan now...

Twisted news in the morning papers + Corrections in the evening papers = Double Sales Volume. :p

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
versa said:
I read their game plan now...

Twisted news in the morning papers + Corrections in the evening papers = Double Sales Volume. :p
Thats there game:D , so did they say the misquoted him?

·
23,699 Posts
spellbound said:
Or East getting back at West. Making Manchester sounding like a swamp is a sweet propaganda win. :rolleyes:
It is just a dig at a common monster called Media; nothing to do with East vs West thing here. Never crossed my mind. :rolleyes:

Z

·
0 Posts
This is good news :)

I gave him a bit of a telling off in the other thread but feel a little silly now :eek:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts