Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nemanja Vidic is reported to have been offered a new four-year contract at Manchester United after impressing manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

The United defender is less than two years into his present deal at Old Trafford, but following a string of top class displays the Serbian is said to have been offered a new £50,000 a week four-year deal.

Vidic is part of a United defensive unit which, prior to the Carling Cup defeat to Coventry, had not conceded in five successive games and the centre-back also scored the winning goal in the Red Devil's 1-0 Premier League win against Everton.

Ferguson, though, believes Vidic is more than capable of improving his level of performance.

"The quality Nemanja has is that he is so brave," Ferguson told The Sun.

"He is a great defender and he's a real threat up front as well. He can play too but, importantly, he doesn't mess about at the back.

Threat
"He is prepared to put his head in and that always makes him a threat up front. He can easily get 10 this season."

Vidic has set his sights on increasing his goal scoring tally, while also building on his defensive partnership with Rio Ferdinand.

"I plan to score lots of goals this year," Vidic told The Sun.

"If they come of my head, my feet or stomach, I don't mind. I want to help the team win more matches.

"I understand there is a lot of concentration on our attacking players. But you have to defend to win football matches.

"Myself and Rio have a great understanding and I think it is getting better. We aim to get as many clean sheets as we can."

Source:(SkySports)

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jazz 16 said:
Well he deserves it for sure. Hopefully he will see out his career at United. One of the best around.
Totally agree there Jazz, I think that he is one of the best defenders in the world at the moment, Not many i can think off that compare to him!! I hope he will see out his carrer at United!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hope he wins the UEFA European Club Defender of the year award that he is shortlisted for!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
andycole9 said:
top quality defender, worth every penny, a bragain at 7mil
Worth every penny excalty AC9. Vidic at 7million is a steal o'right, He is worth 5 times that amount now!! May he long be at United for years and years to come!! :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Vidic is quality i wouldnt have anyone else. Always gives 100% and never pulls out of a tackle and he gets himself forward at every opportunity. Class!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts