Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
23,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: :eek: :eek:

telegraph

I will not stay with Manchester United, says Serbian defender Nemanja Vidic

Nemanja Vidic has placed his long-term Manchester United future in doubt after criticising the English way of life and admitting that he hopes eventually to play in another European league....

In a frank interview, the Serbian defender was scathing of the climate in Manchester, and said he had found it hard to adapt. "I will never stay to live in England, that's for sure," said Vidic, 26. "You get only a brief glimpse of sunlight before it's all cloudy again. The winters are mild, but in summer the temperatures seldom go higher than 20C. And it rains, rains, rains.

"In future, I would like to test myself in another top league. I'm thinking of Spain. At least there will be no reason to complain about the weather. In England, they say that Manchester is the city of rain. Its main attraction is considered to be the timetable at the railway station, where trains leave for other, less rainy cities."

Vidic, who joined United from Spartak Moscow in January 2006, also had harsh words for the English approach to work. "It's not only the weather that I'm not happy about here," he told the Russian magazine Football Weekly. "In Russia and Serbia the people's way of life is similar. In England it's totally different. Here they just don't have time to feel the joy of life.

"Throughout the week they all work so hard. They only talk to people at lunch break. Then in the evening they come home and watch the telly, so they can get up early for work the next day.

"The only time to meet friends is at weekends, but for football players it's the busiest time of all. It was much easier for me to adapt to Russia than England. In England I had no one to talk to. The first month was especially hard. I lived alone in a hotel, which I left only for training. I thought I would go crazy inside those four walls."

Rain is making Vidic feel under the weather
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/...ague.manchesterunited?gusrc=rss&feed=football

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Damn, its a pity he only has those millions of pounds and case full of trophies to show for his bothersome time here...I almost feel bad for him...:cool:

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
Interesting. I do agree with him about work life in England though. I've been to many other places and casual life and work to not seem to be such seperate identities to the point where one cannot do the other because simply they are soo different. Other EU countries seem more 'relaxed' or chilled out in work and life and smile alot more/are happier IMO!lol

As for VIDIC staying with us, i can imagine him being here for a while yet regardless of the interview! Everyone complains about the weather here but i still cannot see him leaving anytime for the next 2-3 seasons aslong as he stays fit and does not get injured in each match he plays!

Am i the only one who has noticed he seems to hurt himself pretty bad at the moment in every match!??! He better stay in top condition both physically and mentally for united, he is a huge asset to this club :)

Pz :cool:

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Vidic you pup........... we made you the player you are today.
You wouldnt know whats going on, he might even have been tapped up by the Madrid bunch or Barca

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
"In future, I would like..."

Future=in 1 year...worrying
Future= less then 5 year quite worrying
Future=around 8 years not so worrying
Future=10 or more years, its cool.

Other that that there's nothing to get upset about.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I can imagine

Vidic in the center, heinze on the left, Ronaldo on the wing and RVN on the top.

tobad he feels this way, its an very important player, but we should make sure that if/when we sell him ( or if hes not willing to let his contract go out ) we will get an good replacement

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Don't go believing everything you read. Either he was taken out of context, misquoted, he did say it or he never gave such an interview.
In anycase, i'm pretty sure he'll be here for a long time too come. Fans love him, He is winning Trophies etc...

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Vidic will stay
don't believe what telegraph and all other press say
this season he have proven that he is the world best defender and i don't think fergie can allow our best player to leave

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
this was probley the question he was asked

so hows life in manchester with manchester united?

A. It's great, everything is perfect apart from the weather *cheeky laugh*

then when the article was published they probley took that statement out of context and added in

Its fine, the team is ok and the fans aint to bad. But i would Loooooooove to play in spain in the glorious sunshine as the weather makes me incredibly depressed.

dont think vida is one of these type of players. just statements took of context prob. im not worried

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm just going to choose not to believe it until he actually moves on - but I can't see that happening for a few years at least.

And even if he does move on it will be like when Jaap Stam left - we will find someone just as good if not better than him (although at the moment that seems fairly unlikely).

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
imo no one will replace Vidic ever
Vidic seemed to give the life for Rio
Rio wasn't that great until his soulmate VIDIC joined
Vidic was great and he made Rio greater
Fergie would never let Vida leave and Vida would never leave

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
He said it. To a RUSSIAN newspaper.

Most of the comments were probably tongue in cheek.

He obviously doesn't mean he is going tomorrow, does it?

"testing himself in Spain" could mena when he's 34, he fancies one or two more years to retire in Spain.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts